As a global platform for creativity and self-expression, Experience Project is deeply committed to supporting and protecting freedom of speech. At the same time, we draw lines around a few narrowly-defined but deeply important categories of content and behavior that jeopardize our users, threaten our infrastructure, or damage our community.
What Experience Project is for:
Experience Project is a community of positive support, where members share the experiences important to them (health, children, pets, relationships), to connect with people who understand them without being judged or embarrassed. The intent of our community is to be positive and helpful to all our members, and we want everyone here to be enjoying themselves and helping us build a better community.
What Experience Project is NOT for:
- Malicious Bigotry and Hate.Don't actively promote violence or hatred against individuals or groups, on the basis of race, ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation. While we firmly believe that the best response to hateful speech is not censorship but more speech, we will take down malicious bigotry, as defined here.
- Harm to Minors.Be thoughtful when posting anything involving a minor. Don't post anything relating to minors that is sexually suggestive or violent. Don't bully minors, even if you are one. Life as a teenager is hard enough without the fear, anguish, and isolation caused by online bullying.
- Promotion and Glorification of Self-Harm.Don't post content that actively promotes or glorifies self-harm. This includes content that urges or encourages readers to cut or injure themselves; embrace anorexia, bulimia, or other eating disorders; or commit suicide rather than, e.g., seeking counseling or treatment, or joining together in supportive conversation with those suffering or recovering from depression or other conditions. Dialogue about these behaviors is incredibly important and online communities can be extraordinarily helpful to people struggling with these difficult conditions. We aim to sustain Experience Project as a place that facilitates awareness, support and recovery, and to remove only those posts that cross the line into active promotion or glorification of self-harm.
- Gore and Mutilation Content.Don't post gore. Don't showcase the mutilation or torture of human beings, animals, or their remains.
- Nudity or Sexually Lascivious Material.While Experience Project is open to the experiences that impact your life, including those that involve sexuality, Experience Project is NOT a place for fantasy, titillation, pornography, sexual harassment, or sexual solicitation. Advocating sexual behavior towards minors, or promoting behavior generally considered illegal in the United States (such as immediate family incest), is not appropriate, and is subject to removal. Likewise, do NOT send another member unsolicited or unprovoked sexual content.
- Spam.Don't abuse social gestures, send unwanted messages, or aggregate content in a less-than-meaningful way. Chain letters, mass mailings, and duplicate postings are not allowed on Experience Project. Please post each story once, to the most appropriate group.
- Solicitation.Political campaigning, religious preaching, and commercial advertisements in any site content, including private messages, is not allowed. If you would like to advertise on Experience Project, please contact us.
- Children.This site is intended only for users 13 years of age and older. No one under the age of 13 is permitted to use the site, and will be removed on discovery.
- Professional Advice.Nothing communicated on this site should take the place of a trained professional (doctor, psychologist, lawyer, accountant, etc.). This site is for peer-to-peer entertainment and support, and should never be used as a replacement for the advice and care of a trained professional.
- Mass Registration and Automation.Don't register accounts or post content automatically, systematically, or programmatically.
- Copyright and Trademark Infringement.Respect the copyrights and trademarks of others. If you aren't authorized to use someone else's copyrighted or trademarked work (either expressly or by legal exceptions and limitations like fair use), don't. It is our policy to respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement as per our Terms of Service and the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
- Impersonation, Stalking, or Harassment.Treat the community the way you'd like to be treated. Don't attempt to circumvent the Block feature.
- Privacy Violations.Don't use Experience Project to deceptively obtain personal information. Don't post content that violates anyone's privacy, including personally identifying or confidential information like credit card numbers, social security numbers, or unlisted contact information.
- Disruptions, Exploits, and Resource Abuse.Our servers and the valiant engineers who support them work hard for you. Don't attempt unauthorized use, disruption, or exploitation of Experience Project.com or our other products and services, or otherwise abuse Experience Project's resources.
- Unlawful Uses and Content.This one's pretty obvious, but Experience Project is not a place for illegal behavior, including fraud, phishing, or illegally inciting violence.
If we conclude you are violating these policies, you may or may not receive notice, at our discretion. If you don't explain or correct your behavior, your account may be suspended and/or your IP address may be blocked. We do our best to ensure fair outcomes, but in all cases we reserve the right to suspend accounts or remove content, without notice, for any reason, but particularly to protect our services, infrastructure, users, or community.
We also reserve the right to amend these policies using the procedures set forth in our Terms of Service.
If you have questions or feedback, don't hesitate to let us know.
Note on Minors and Safety
We take safety issues very seriously, especially with minors, and we encourage parents to teach their children about safe internet practices. Experience Project requires individuals to be at least 13 years old before they can create an account. Providing false information to create an account is always a violation of our Terms of Service. This includes accounts registered on the behalf of under 13 year old children by older parties.