Post

LUCKY TO BE ALIVE!

All Confessions

« Next Previous » Category: funny Confessions

cherrycheesecake - 51-55 years old - female

Posted by cherrycheesecake
on August 20th, 2011 at 11:17 AM


The day started off as any other.  I went to school to prepare my classroom for the start of school on Monday.  The first disaster occurred as I was carefully stacking boxes of novels in a cabinet.  As I placed the last box of novels on the shelf, it gave away and tons of novels came crashing down around my feet, thus knocking me off balance and I fell down hard right on my tailbone.  I got up, rubbed my tailbone, fixed the shelf, restacked the novels and moved on to cleaning out and arranging my desk.  As I was straightening the contents of my desk, I was placing all of my push pins (thumb tacks) into a box and I poked one of the pins deep under the middle finger of my left hand.  I'm sure everyone in the entire school heard me yell and several people came in to see if I was okay.  Have you ever stuck anything sharp under your fingernail?  Hurts like hell, doesn't it?  Then I  located my favorite coffee mug.  Somehow over the summer the handle broke off so I decided to super glue it back on.  I knew I shouldn't do this because I've had a lot of difficulties with super glue in the past, but I foolishly attempted to repair the mug.  Let me just say this...the mug was repaired about an hour later and both my index fingers had glued themselves to my thumbs.  For the next half hour I pried my fingers apart and attempted to get the super glue off, which was a waste of time because super glue just has to wear away (hey, if you know a good way to remove or dissolve super glue, please let me know!)  You would think I would have learned my lesson with glue and stayed away from it, but noooooo...not me!  I got out my hot glue gun to use to put up my posters.  Once again it was my index fingers that suffered.  Now I know from its name HOT glue gun, that the glue is going to be hot.  Nonetheless, I burned myself with the hot glue no less than 10 times.  One good thing about that was that the burns from the hot glue reduced the excess super glue from my fingers.  Turning to my bulletin boards, I started stapling pictures of my daughter and her family onto the bulletin boards.  Twice I was not paying attention and while stapling pictures of my grandson on the bulletin board and I had the stapler turned backward and instead of stapling the picture to the bulletin board, I stapled the palm of my hand.  Now that hurts like hell and once again I yelled so loud that two teachers came into my room to check on me.  The nurse cleaned up my injuries with some peroxide but this morning it looks like I have two snake bites on the palm of my right hand.  Next the most serious accident occurred.  Although the use of candles is not allowed in school when the kids are there, I brought two rose-scented candles to burn in my classroom to freshen it up a bit.   I placed one of them on the bookshelves underneath the windows.  I was Windexing my windows and as I leaned toward the window I leaned over the lit candle and I caught the left side of my t-shirt on fire.  I burned a hole in the left side of my t-shirt as well as a nasty little burn on the left side of my stomach.  That was it for me.  It was already 7:30 p.m. so I packed up the stuff I needed to finish up and took it home with me.  I was totally exhausted so I took a warm bath and sipped on a glass of wine.  I felt better so I ate some ice cream and fixed myself a big glass of tea to take to bed with me.  As I was trying to turn on the lamp on the nightstand, I spilled some of my tea on the side of the bed that I usually sleep on.  I was too tired to change the sheets, so I put a towel over the spilled tea and I decided to sleep on the other side of the bed.  I took a Xanax with a sip of tea to insure a good night's sleep and I fell asleep almost immediately.  About 2:00 a.m., I woke up and needed to tinkle.  Forgetting that I was not on my normal side of the bed, I tripped over my grandson's huge, rideable tractor and fell flat on my face.  But my luck had changed!  The fall over the huge tractor didn't hurt me at all because it is made of plastic and had no sharp edges and I fell right onto a huge stuffed octopus shaped chair which cushioned my fall.  I picked myself up, went to the bathroom and crawled back into bed, once again falling asleep immediately.  This morning I woke up in a surprisingly good mood, feeling rested and ready to do my remaining school work and chores around the house.  Today I am not using any kind of glue, no stapler, and no push pins.  I am not lighting any candles, and  I'm going to move my grandson's tractor to a safer place.   I may have a few sore spots and a few scars from yesterday's problems, but I just consider myself lucky...things could have been a lot worse!

Vote up! 1

There are no comments yet. Be the first to write one!
Experience Project is a community based on authenticity, support, and respect. EP encourages you to post with these values in mind.

Add your Comment

Post

Post A New Confession