Should I worry about this?

All Confessions

« Next Previous » Category: health Confessions

Tara277 - 26-30 years old - female

Posted by Tara277
on November 10th, 2012 at 9:46 AM

I have always been extremely irregular when it comes to my period. I have a thyroid condition and knew that had a lot to do with it. However lately I have been having more and more. I remember when things were not right with my mother she had this problem also. I don't know if any other woman has had this but I need some advice until I can afford to visit a doctor for this. I am a little concerned about it. 

Vote up! 3

3 Comments (add your own)

Sort By  
  1. flowerswinging - 46-50 years old - female

    Posted by flowerswinging on November 10th, 2012 at 10:43 AM

    Hi. How old are you? Have you called and talked to the doctor managing your thyroid condition, whatever that condition may be? If you are comfortable with the OB/gyn doctor you have seen before or your regular family doctor especially the doctor youir mother saw for her irregular difficulties, then call their billing departments and make an arrangement for slowly paying off a bill. Some doctors offices are better about this than others. Are you an undiagnosed celiac? When is the last time you mentioned your concern about this irregularity to a doctor? Lastly, sometimes just plain stress and hormone upheaval can cause irregularity, some more for some women than others. Do all the other women in your family have the same types of irregularities?

    Reply | 2dislike | Flag

  2. Tara277 - 26-30 years old - female

    Reply by Tara277 Nov 10th, 2012 at 10:52AM

    I just know my mother did. I moved to another state so that is why I didn't do the family doc thing. I have a hypothyroid. This is something that has only been happening for the past few months. Thanks for responding. I do feel comfortable with getting checked it's just me and my husband are just finally getting our life together. We were homeless a few months back. However I know soon I can afford to go to the doc. If it gets worse though I'm going straight to the hospital.


  3. flowerswinging - 46-50 years old - female

    Posted by flowerswinging on November 10th, 2012 at 7:41 PM

    I remember having to take demulin, an androgen hormone briefly, a few weeks, for menstruating for two or three weeks. Not for a week or two then again for a couple weeks. I called my OB/gyn doctor and then went to the office and told her that I was not going to live like this as I had constant hormone swings, moodiness, irritability, sleeplessness, fatigue and had to work full time. The menstruating stopped within a few days of starting to take this hormone medication. It would be a good idea to get the thyroid function panel done and make sure that the levels were within normal limits first though. I hope this helps you. I am sorry to hear that you have been having so many difficulties in life. Hang in there and I will say a prayer for you and hope that you feel better soon.

    Reply | 2dislike | Flag

  4. Tara277 - 26-30 years old - female

    Reply by Tara277 Nov 11th, 2012 at 7:38AM



  5. gmckdude711 - 22-25 years old - male

    Posted by gmckdude711 on December 20th, 2012 at 10:51 PM

    A friend of mine who is a nurse has told me that Iodine is good for thyroid function...

    As far as the menstrual stuff goes, your best bet is to find a doctor you're comfortable speaking to about it. I've come across an article indicating that doctors truly "have heard it all" so there's a better than average chance that it's something your doctor hasn't already dealt with.

    Reply | 2dislike | Flag

  6. Tara277 - 26-30 years old - female

    Reply by Tara277 Dec 22nd, 2012 at 10:28PM

    You have a point there. I will find a doctor once I can afford it. Thanks.


Experience Project is a community based on authenticity, support, and respect. EP encourages you to post with these values in mind.

Add your Comment


Post A New Confession