I Got An Electric Shock

Personal Stories, Advice, and Support 86 People

    So Dumb...

    When I was a kid I had an electric piano. One day I was setting it up and I plugged in the power cord to the outlet but before I plugged it in I stuck the other end in my mouth because i wasn't paying attention, stupid kid...
    IWishIUnderstood IWishIUnderstood
    22-25, M
    8 Responses Feb 9, 2010

    Do You Like Electric Shocks?

    Hello All, I'm currently searching for participants in a documentary television series who like electric shocks. This can be very dangerous, I'm aware, and most people tend to not like shocks, but if you find that you are trying to shock yourself, or purposely stick metal in...
    tvcasting tvcasting
    31-35, F
    2 Responses Sep 22, 2011

    Those Damn Electric Fences

    I was pretty close friends with my second cousin. We both grew up on farms, so you'd think I wouldn't be hurt any more at her place than mine? Especially since dad's place had a few old dilapidated buildings that I loved playing in. But dad was a sheep and grain farmer with very...
    IdleTraveller IdleTraveller
    22-25, F
    Nov 12, 2009

    Shocking State Of Affairs

    I am so tired of getting a little "zap". It has only started recently, but everytime I get in the car...electric shock...Nobody else gets it from the car... The oven does it too! Sometimes it hurts! My kids think I am crazy! The oven wouldn't ignite tonight, (it doesn't...
    luckycountry luckycountry
    26-30, F
    4 Responses Nov 12, 2009

    I Got An Electric Shock

    I got an Electric shock when I was a kid.   My brother tricked me.  He told me to hold one end of a wire.   he put the other end on a nail and put it in the plug outlet.   I should've realized he was up to something he had rubber gloves on and I didn't
    aquarius3 aquarius3
    66-70
    Feb 12, 2012

    Hahahahahaha!!!!

    hahaha omg one night a few yrs back,  at my dad's gf's house i was in the basement where the pull out bed was and my friend was in the basement helping me, well there happened to be an outlet right by the bed, wires hanging out and all. so me thinking id be smart by NOT...
    LittleFerrett LittleFerrett
    26-30, F
    Feb 9, 2010

    Whoops...

    Okay, so I was just drying my hair off with the hairdryer (just got out the shower) and it started to spark, and all the electricity has gone off... Whoops think I've fused the house :/
    Ml4566 Ml4566
    16-17, M
    Oct 25, 2013

    It Was 4 Months And 2 Days Ago Exactly.

    On the 7th of August 2011, it was exactly 13:07. I went to pee and got some on my pants. I don't know how I did that but it happened. I would not stay with that pants on me knowing there is pee on it. So I went to my room, took my towel some clothes to change and went to the rest...
    ashfaaq ashfaaq
    18-21, M
    Dec 9, 2011

    More Than Once I Am Afraid

    I was stupid enough to put my tongue to a 9 volt battery as my brother suggested; however, the worst shock was feeding my grandfather's cattle.  It was early morning and I had been cutting cornstalks and feeding them over the electric fence.  I soon became tired and...
    fungirlmmm fungirlmmm
    46-50, F
    15 Responses Jan 2, 2009

    Curiosity Miraculously Doesn't Kill The Cat

    As a kid I took a house key and shoved it into an electrical outlet. The charge pulsed through me and I could feel a lot of my muscles contracting. It took me a few seconds before I could let go of the key. I was so terrified and embarrassed by the encounter I hid in my closet...
    SaintThursday SaintThursday
    26-30
    1 Response Jan 1, 2010

    Electric Shock

    One day at work I was testing some light bulbs for a customer, when I got a shock, I felt tired after that, but I finished my shift, by the end of the day I felt quite unwell, so I decided to go to the hospital, I went into A+E and told the receptionist, she put the information...
    deleted deleted
    26-30
    1 Response Dec 9, 2011

    I got shocked when I was an aprentice in a auto

    mechanics, I was trying to open an old roller shutter door for some fresh air in the heat the boss said, you need to climb up and press a relay so I crawled up this metal shelving and reached to press the relay, then got shocked up the arm and felt tingling in my chest I was...
    GarryWilson GarryWilson
    26-30, M
    Jan 27, 2014

    It's Electric!

    Ok, well I was at my friends house, and it just finished raining. We were playing basketball in her yard, and the ball went close to the ditch. So I tried to get it, but there was this light pole and I slipped. I tried to grab it. Big mistake! I couldn't let go, and I couldn...
    cutebutdeadly295 cutebutdeadly295
    13-15, F
    2 Responses Feb 20, 2010

    Blue Bolt Butter And Electric Toast

    When I was young...not really sure how old exactly, probs about thirteen, I was in the house alone and was hungry, so decided to make toast but there was only one slice of bread left so I knew I had to be very careful with it. Anyway, after I put it in the...
    Starstruckk Starstruckk
    18-21, F
    Feb 20, 2010

    Good thing it wasn't too strong.

    My arm does feel a bit tingly though :P
    ErraticSarcastic ErraticSarcastic
    31-35, F
    Dec 14, 2015

    I'm a Dork

    So today these ppl come over to change out a bunch of stuff in our apartment. It's an attempt to update things as we have a new owner. Needless to say the girl doing the light plates was less than lively and complaining about how the screws were too tight and the plates were...
    mysplitpersonality mysplitpersonality
    36-40, F
    16 Responses Dec 31, 2008

    A Few

    Since I work with electricity it's bound to happen every now and again. But obviously nothing too serious. lol
    IamGone IamGone
    41-45, M
    4 Responses Feb 25, 2011

    When I Was Young...

    My younger brother had smashed my night-light. I was playing with it that night and I somehow managed to get my finger stuck inside of it. It was turned on, so it gave me an electric shock until I managed to pull my finger back out.
    Aug 21, 2012

    Shocked Alot

    I'm a mechanical engineer, I get alot of shocks, i dont like them. Worst was when bolting some equipment to a machine in a foundry. I didnt know but the wiring was faulty. I was holding the loose unit up with my left hand and I stretched over to get a wrench with my right hand...
    westernplumber westernplumber
    26-30, M
    1 Response Sep 30, 2011

    I've Had Experience With A Bad Electric Shock...but!!

    It has been 4 months ago that I've had an electric shock. It was unwanted and it pretty much terrified me. However, since then, I like when I feel small electric shock. That is whenever I touch my lcd screen in the corner I can feel electricity going through my body. At first, I...
    ashfaaq ashfaaq
    18-21, M
    Dec 9, 2011

    It Was a Strange Experience..

    Now I've seen people that have gotten a jolt..and that is damn funny!! You can't let go sometimes and so you just stand there and shake!  I've seen patients getting shocked by a defibrilator.. that's not so funny! My experience was at my Grandpa's house in Cali. I was up in...
    PinUpPaige PinUpPaige
    31-35, F
    May 3, 2009
More Stories