I Have Been Shocked

Personal Stories, Advice, and Support 42 People

    Yeah,a Few Times

    Once I recall being a curious 12 year old who knew for a fact that wood did not conduct electricity,so I would be perfectly safe sticking that screwdriver into the electrical socket...excellent logic,jrKebab-apart from the OUCH! metal thing on the end,which did indeed...
    dubkebab dubkebab
    46-50, M
    3 Responses Jan 10, 2010

    Blessed

    it was june 7 2011 i was at work a reg day as a lineman i was on my 2nd pole for the day not knowing that would b the last pole i will ever b on well my forman and i was working a inline A4 with a tap comeing off of it the lines were 7200vol.I was in my bucket truck working this...
    tophoe tophoe
    26-30
    3 Responses Nov 8, 2012

    Many Of Times

    Was at work a few years ago and had these ground fault receptacles in the floor. And since I worked  as a mechanic we could pressure wash vehicles right in our work bays.Since the receptacles were in the floor and pressure washing the water would run to the receptacles and...
    cjpsf5 cjpsf5
    41-45, M
    4 Responses Jan 9, 2010

    Zapped From Stupidity!

    I was 25...and a single Mom. I had an electric frying pan, and was making lunch for my little boy and myself {I don't even recall what I was making {Grilled cheese perhaps?}.   STUPIDLY, the pan was on the counter-top, and I plugged in cord...never even giving a thought {DIG...
    Madmaven Madmaven
    51-55
    Apr 14, 2011
More Stories