This experience may contain mature content, as flagged by the community.
Please click away if you do not want to see this content.
To report inappropriate content, please email us.

I Have Had A House Fire

Personal Stories, Advice, and Support 7 People

    The damage was minimal

    and everyone is safe. It was caused by my husband leaving a cigarette butt in a full ashtray. I really hope that this motivates him to quit but until then, I am terrified that this will happen again with more disastrous results.
    maebebe maebebe
    26-30, F
    May 11, 2014

    NOTE: story includes cuss words Monday,

    March 9, 2015. I was home with our two sons, ages 17 and 13. My older son, as usual, had come home from school, had a snack, and then went to his bedroom downstairs to take a nap. Meanwhile, I was upstairs with our younger son, minutes away from leaving with him to go run...
    elleymae elleymae
    46-50, F
    Jul 12, 2015
More Stories