Ok, here I go. I'm going to put up my amazing chullah recipe. I forgot where my family got it from, but it's so good my family can't wait till Friday!
makes 4 med. sized loaves
3 c. warm water
1 Tbsp. yeast
1/2 c. honey
4 Tbsp. oil
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1 Tbsp. salt
8 c. flour
1 egg yoke
herbs and spices (optional)
1. Mix together liquids, yeast, salt & egg
2. Incorporate flour 2 cups at a time
4. Let rise for 1 1/2 hr.
5. Punch down, kneed for 1 min.
6. Let rise for 1 hr.
7. Preheat oven to 375 F.
8. Shape dough. I prefer the classic braid.
9. Mix egg yoke with 1/2 tsp water
10. Brush on shaped loaf & sprinkle with your choice of herbs and/or spices (I like Oregano, garlic, and salt)
11. Bake at 375 F. for 40 minuets
If this one has already been posted, oh well. I'll try sifting through the rest of ones here and see if I can come up with more later. Please post up your yeast breads you love on this thread. I love bread (and it shows).