I believe someone on tv proved that certian foods were ok under 5 seconds as bacteria doesnt have time to latch onto the food that could cause someone to get sick.
With my brother, its more like a 5 day rule, he doesn't care. Long as nothing is sticking to it like noticable...
If you happen to be a guest in my home, I will not serve anything that has hit the ground, so please don't despair!
Life's too short to go around replacing things that have fallen on the floor for mere moments.
At work and one of my co-workers came up behind me and startled me and I dropped a peice of bubble gum on the floor. I picked it up really quick, kissed it and popped it in my mouth - he said "damn that was quick" my reply - it was less then five seconds.