I Love Unique Names

Personal Stories, Advice, and Support 164 People

    I Used To Have An Unusual Name

    When I was a child I never met anyone with my name, I don't think I heard my name in regards to anyone else but me until I was 15, and then her name was spelled differently.  My name is pronounced Ah-lee-sha but it's spelled Elisha.  I found out that it is actually a masculine...
    ifsogirl ifsogirl
    31-35, F
    Jan 29, 2012

    But Not Too Unique

    I know the frustration of having a name that is too unique. 90% of the people I meet in America can't even say it right. The other 10% have been raised bilingual, so they can produce the sounds in my name that English doesn't have. I am jealous of the other Asians who have "easy...
    Alistair6798 Alistair6798
    Jul 16, 2013

    I Absolutely Love Unique Names

    I have met many people throughout my life, both male and female. I have also had the privilege of meeting people from other countries who came to this country USA. I have also had the privilege of meeting many online from other countries and from this country. Here are some...
    blossomingbeauti blossomingbeauti
    36-40, F
    1 Response Oct 14, 2013

    Did u know the meaning of the name Ariana is

    "related to aryan"? *Aryans are the first group of humans that lived in Persia*
    deleted deleted
    Jun 27, 2015

    Unique Names I Discovered Through The Entertainment Industry

    Erroyn (pronounced ero win after her mom's two favorite actresses) Caroline Sunshine Peyton (pronounced pay ton) Sterling Joie (pronounced joy) Blu People I heard of with colors in their names: Vanna White Jack Black Corbin Bleu Blu Cantrell Goldie Hawn Alicia Silverstone Chris...
    blossomingbeauti blossomingbeauti
    36-40, F
    Oct 16, 2013

    My name is Gage, my older sisters name is

    MaryJane, my younger sisters name is HarleyQuinn, and once j have kids they will have equally cool names.
    Gage13Flores Gage13Flores
    18-21, M
    Aug 10, 2015

    Funny Story

    I used to date this girl. Her name was Cherokee. Pretty unique huh? She was 100% American and I don't think she even has any relation to the indians O.O she's pretty headstrong, and I think the name gives off a sense of stregnth, yet sensitivity in some situations, just like her...
    FreeHugs330 FreeHugs330
    16-17, M
    Mar 3, 2011

    One I Heard In A Movie.

    I watched a movie the other day and their daughter's name is Collins.  I usually hear Collin for a boy, but never Collins.  Especially not on a girl.
    BellasHappyPlace BellasHappyPlace
    18-21, F
    3 Responses Nov 29, 2009

    Unique In Who's Eyes?

    A friend of mine recently named her child "Ursella" and I thought it was weird at first but it has grown on me now and I like it. I have another friend that a few years ago named her child Durenda and again I thought it was strange but can appreciate the uniqueness. What becomes...
    fungirlmmm fungirlmmm
    46-50, F
    8 Responses Sep 18, 2010

    My Daughters Name

    I have a duaghter whose name is Azalea, like the flower. The flower names I love but not a fan of the typical names like Rose or Lily. I have two more names picked out if I have any more girls. But the most unique would have to be Trillium. :) Boys names are bit difficult...
    KermodeMomma KermodeMomma
    22-25, F
    Jul 16, 2013
More Stories