I Want to Be More Confident

Personal Stories, Advice, and Support 164 People

    Confidence can get you through a lot in life.

    I think that's why I'm having so much trouble as I change and get older. I am not confident. When it comes to being professional I can fake it til I make it but on the social aspect of being confident, I always seem to fall short. Personally I think having a lack of confidence...
    Shygirl917 Shygirl917
    22-25, F
    1 Response Oct 11, 2014

    I think confidence is very important

    and I could use more of ot
    livelovehopefree livelovehopefree
    16-17, F
    2 Responses Sep 9, 2014

    When People See What I Don't

    I'm so thankful for those kind people around me who tell that I have an undeniable talent to grow. I'm so flattered, but, somehow i can't see what they see. They keep telling, but I keep denying. Truly, I'd love to believe what they meant, but something inside me insists that it...
    nepherlander nepherlander
    16-17, F
    Dec 27, 2012

    To people who have given up: just remember

    that you have no idea what happened in the past and you have no idea what can happen in your future. Confide in the unknown rather than confiding in what you think you know. Change it up a bit. Give yourself some room to breath. Realize how dumb you can be, acknowledge you are...
    deleted deleted
    26-30
    Jan 28

    When People See What I Don't

    I'm so thankful for those kind people around me who tell that I have an undeniable talent to grow. I'm so flattered, but, somehow i can't see what they see. They keep telling, but I keep denying. Truly, I'd love to believe what they meant, but something inside me insists that it...
    nepherlander nepherlander
    16-17, F
    Dec 27, 2012

    I just had a thought.

    Lately (as of earlier today) I have been thinking about confidence. I wondered what is TRUE confidence and do I have it and if not, then how can I get it? As I arrived home to an unusually empty house, I laid down in the floor with my cousin's dog in a physical expression of...
    shannonymous shannonymous
    18-21, F
    Sep 9, 2014

    I'm not sure why, but I'm not a confident

    person. I've never gotten mad at girls who reject me because I know that it's me not them. I always make the excuse " I'm just not a social person " which is a lie. I love being around others. I've seen confident people get whoever they want, no matter how they look. I don't...
    IrMe IrMe
    26-30, M
    Jul 31, 2014

    My experience right now is

    that I'm dealing with the same insecurities & emotions as I was last year. It was something that I thought I had overcome. I think I was 90% over it - but then there was still the remaining 10% ... One negative thought leads to another, and eventually, I'm back in the same place...
    relentlesslove relentlesslove
    22-25, F
    1 Response Jan 24, 2014

    Just About Everyone Sees This But Me.

    How am i here(confidence spot.)? did people tell me I'm bad? i even find it hard to detour just about anybody calling me anything. My dad was such a merry europeaneor . He act. spent a good deal of his own time - trying to make me happier! sometimes (as anyone) he got tired of...
    mopey79 mopey79
    36-40, M
    Jul 6, 2011
More Stories