It sounds to me that she still has some emotional healing to do. And she has no obligation to the adoptive parents, so she should just tell them she's moved on, and she no longer considers them part of her life. Sometimes, you have to totally turn your back to someone in order to heal and to get your life back.

Best Answer

Agreed! I have a friend who all her life has sought approval of her parents and gives them chance after chance and still what she does is never enough, I just keep telling her what a good person she is and how important she is to me. She feels better for a moment then wonders why her parents don't feel the same......

Best Answer

Get her over to your place for awhile and tell her to turn off her phone, then pamper her.

Best Answer

If she's grown and married, shouldn't the adoptive parents have no legal ground?

Best Answer

She might want to talk with an attorney about a restraining order to prevent the adoptive parents from contacting her. She's an adult now they have to legal rights to see her or pressure her to do anything. I'll be praying for her and for you.

Best Answer

I would suggest she engage an attorney, and get an independent psychiatric evaluation.<br />
She might also want to get a therapist, partly to get better, but partly to prove she's not insane.<br />
If they are trying to get guardianship over her in order to force "treatment" on her, she needs to amass some evidence that she is sane, and that she can and does take care of herself.<br />
...But actually, if she's married, her husband would automatically have power of attorney over her were she to be declared too mentally ill to take care of herself.<br />
I'd tell her to consult an attorney on what she and her husband need to do to assure that she cannot be legally forced to do what her nutty adoptive parents want.<br />
If they are harassing her, she ought to file a restraining order.

Best Answer

If she is a legal adult, no one can "force" her to do anything.

Best Answer

this is so tragic and devastating!! is she on this website? if so, she may not want her dirty laundry aired, no matter how anonymous you have made this question. is she opposed to getting the authorities involved?

Best Answer

how old is the person ?

Best Answer