This depression feeling. Whatever it is, I hope it's *something* treatable. Because it's there; there's no changing that. At least, if it's bipolar or if it's thyroid problems, I'd be able to get help to control it. If not, then what? Am I to sit and mope around all day, such that not even writing out a mathematical proof can cheer me up? I don't feel like myself at all, and it sucks. I don't know what went wrong when, and now I'm paying the price for that. And of course these problems would have to manifest itself the final year of high school. I dun goofed so badly in 10th and 11th grade, and I feel worthless--I'm no better than any other math-oriented person out there. And then there are the people that treat me like an intellectually-special-snowflake, and set expectations for and of me that I can't achieve. I'm sorry to sound all mopey, but that's just how I feel right now, and how I've been feeling all summer... I feel it's too late to salvage the train wreck I've become...
MathematicallyMindedFractal MathematicallyMindedFractal 16-17, F 2 Answers Aug 25, 2014 in Health

Apparently treatments for PTSDs help reduce depression a great deal. You may also have an ADHD

Best Answer

Of course I have ADHD. That I don't even need a professional diagnosis to determine--either way, the doctor put me on meds for that, so all is good. But ADHD doesn't really trigger *depression* or things like that... :/ I've never felt this hopeless before in my life...

Best Answer