What do people think about before they commit suicide? What DON'T people think about before they commit suicide? Each person please post one different reason... in the hopes that one day, this topic will save more than 1 human soul. PLEASE number your reason. I start: 1. Remember! Your death will end your pains, but will not end your family's sufferings.
Moni00000 Moni00000 16-17, F 184 Answers Nov 15, 2009

5) your problem is only temporary- your death however, is not.

Best Answer

Problems are not always temporary. If you have a lifelong mental disorder that is not well treated by medication or the medication has to be changed frequently due to decreased effectiveness over time then your problems are not temporary.

Best Answer

Thanks for pointing out a critical circumstance, Lunx.

Best Answer

Only one of my four children would be sad at my death.
My eldest daughter would celebrate.
I am nothing but a piece of crap that she stood in. Along with my mother and other so called friends.
Good when they want something doing for them

Best Answer

I have a mental disorder and it will be with me for the rest of my life so I might as well just end my life.

Best Answer

this is pathetic. God? Hell? Get off the crack! <br />
1. Assuming there is a god, huge assumption, but anyway, well, this life I'm living, he set out for me. and he's up in heaven having a lovely old time, meanwhile, here I am living hell already, torment unending, pain, hopes shown for a moment then torn away causing even more pain, all for god's amusement. <br />
2. assuming there is a hell, and it's worse than your life. Is it worse than mine? how do you know? I live in a western, first world country, in poverty. I live in a shed. I eat one "meal" every two or three days if I'm lucky. I'm disabled. I'm going on 3 decades of involuntary celibacy. If anything hurts more than this, I think I could take it, I've had a lot of practice suffering, thanks to your god.<br />
3. death is the end. there is no afterlife. you're born, you live, you die. And if your life is empty, painful and has been for knocking on 30 years, you can laugh a wry laugh at the starry eyed lovey dovey hippys with their "you won't get to see things get better." Your life might get better, you're not me. I'm taking a week to clean out the shed and throw away my material possessions, then it's a nice, peaceful exit in the car with the exhaust coming in the window through a hose.<br />
Nobody will even know I'm dead for weeks, and when they find out, sure, they can come to my funeral and say "oh wish I could have stopped him" but the fact of teh matter is, where are they now, when it might help? where have they been for the last 30 years? Far as I'm concerned, if it hurts them, good. Maybe they can reflect for the rest of their lives about how badly they let me down, and for how long.<br />
Damn christians and their fairytales.

Best Answer

Yeah so suicide is definitely not a vacation or I should say being dead in general lol. As you have read in my experience.

Best Answer

That's just your opinion. One opinion of many. And you don't need to believe in a God to believe in "fairytales" or that there is life after death. And tell me, how do you know what happens after death? Have you died before? I don't think so. And one other thing. Why do you sound so hateful and pessimistic?

Best Answer

living in a shed but still repping the computer good one pal

Best Answer

One of the biggest falsehoods about suicide is that "Suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem."<br />
Sometimes it is. And sometimes it's a permanent solution to a permanent problem.<br />
I believe suicide is a right. If you can't decide the disposition of your own life, what can you decide?<br />
And I bitterly resent the Judeo-Christian perspective on suicide being stuffed down my throat by its twin enforcers, psychiatrists and the police.

Best Answer

Well said!! But do try to remember....you have many bodies...like those chinese dolls...more and more subtle. Killing the body in 3rd dimension you'll find yourself alive and well and with a similar body.The reason you chose 3rd dimension was to fulfil desires, in all likelyhood those desires will not have been satisfied and you will once again seek out parents at this level who can facilitate your journey back into earth plane or similar planet to fulfill those desires. But you don't need to do anything you don't want to EVER!! You are NOW.

Best Answer

Thank you for an enlightened perspective, Bruiser. I have never read or heard a convincing argument that most adults who over extended time have judged their own lives and decided to commit suicide should not be allowed to do so. In fact, and I don't mean to rankle, nearly all contrary arguments sound irrational, as they assume that the one deciding to commit suicide must hold the same values and same perspective of the circumstances of the life in question as those against the suicide. How someone comes to that conclusion is quite beyond me, especially in a culture that espouses so vehemently the virtues of self-determination.

Best Answer

I had a close co-worker kill himself rather publicly. I read a book of essays on suicide that really helped me. It seems that once a person decides to kill himself, he finds an inner peace because he thinks clearly, but wrongly, that it will solve all of his and his family's problems. My friend could not have been more wrong; his children have really suffered, they are completely different people than before he killed himself.

Best Answer

There are no accidents. Everything is self chosen including the people who chose to have a parent who would commit sucide...who is anyone to judge what remembrance/learning can be honed from such an experience.

Best Answer

because this too shall pass...

Best Answer

Well said, obroin.

Best Answer

No it wont my life is forever damed even if i live through my teens as soon as im living alone im killing my self there are so many horible things in my life death would clense me of my sorow and misery

Best Answer

- You'd break the heart of those who care about you.<br />
- You'd miss out on all the great experiences you'd end up having if you stayed alive.<br />
- You don't know what's awaiting you on the other side of death: what if it were worse?

Best Answer

how do you even know that we'll experience great things? not everybody does.. and who gives a **** about the loved ones anyway? the only time they DO say nice things about you is when you're dead. and about what's around the corner, what if it wasn't worse? what if it's better?

Best Answer

People who love you should be nice to you when you're alive, preferably. If they don't, they're just hypocrites and you're right, who cares about them, if THEY don't care.
If they do care, however, it WILL hurt them terribly.
As for missing out on life and what's beyond death, that's the point, you don't know. Either way it's a chance you take: the chance to live, or the chance to die.

Best Answer

"You'd break the heart of those who care about you"
My GF cheated on me with my best friend, my Dad severed ties with my family and my mum is too busy looking after my bratty attention seeking brat of a little sister...
who is there to care for me? no-one. that's who

Best Answer

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Best Answer

I never would care how my family would react if I took my own life. My parents were abusive towards me, especially when I developed a certain mental disorder at age 12. Today, my parents probably would feel miserable if I died, but I really don't care. I lost all respect to my parents.

Best Answer

Well my life is so bad right now worse is acutually better

Best Answer

all I need is one why make my enimes happy

Best Answer

Exactly, well said

Best Answer

It's a permanent solution to a temporary problem.

Best Answer

I haven't seen a single convincing reason as to why people shouldn't commit suicide. I personally don't give two ***** about family that never wanted much to do with me anyway. I'd get alot of pleasure out of knowing they'd be saying **** like "I wish I could have told him I loved him..bawwwww"

Best Answer

and even if you were to come back, do you REALLY think they'd say it to you? pft, still wouldn't mean **** to me.

Best Answer

It's the coward's way out. In most cases, (not all) people CAN fix their lives, they just think they can't do it or don't want to. In the worst possible case, people could still move to a foreign country somewhere. Is that a good reason?

Best Answer

Rubbish!!! It's a temporary solution to a temporary problem! In reality you never die because you were never born, it's all in the mind and the body is a manifestation of the mind. Go beyond body/mind illusion and find out who and what you really are instead of mouthing off something you heard someone else say and thought it sounded good...sleeper!

Best Answer

Why would you work so hard at your life, only to throw it away. and for what? Nothing. Exactly. And it's not just family that cares for you. You can not honestly say that there is not a single person on this Earth that doesn't care about you. There is at least one. And how would they feel knowing that you died? Suicide of one creates a chain reaction and causes others to do the same.

Best Answer

I agree there should be a convincing reason.

Best Answer

if it goes wrong which it oftens does..think of the hell u will have to go through then regarding the state of ur health?i.e overdose -left with liverdamage<br />
jumping- paralised for life<br />
and the list goes on..

Best Answer

That's why I would plan it carefully to prevent myself of surviving the attempt.
Please note: I am not responsible for anyone, who becomes influenced by what I say, of attempting to commit suicide. I just feel that I should say this.

Best Answer

All the people's lives you could touch and maybe make a difference in their lives.

Best Answer

Maybe you can touch peoples lives more deeply by committing suicide.

Best Answer

It depends on the situation and why you committed suicide. But I understand of what you mean.

Best Answer

I don't know that I have much to add to what has been said. I was taught that if a person commits suicide, it's murder and you go to Hell, but in my most melancholic moments, I sometimes feel that God would understand.<br />
I'll just put it this way. Ever since I was a little girl and learned of Heaven, how it's described in the Bible, no more sickness, nor death, nor crying, nor pain, nor parting, I've had a longing to go "Home". It's like I don't feel at home in *this world, but my teachings won't allow me to take it into my own hands. Could I just say I have a desire to be on the "other side of life"? There are more of my loved ones that have gone on, and I long for that Great Re-union Day. BUT, God must want me here for a reason, so I just have to try to trust Him and wait until my time.<br />
As Paul said, for me to live is Christ, but to die is gain. (for me), but my loved ones would miss me like I miss those who've gone before me.<br />
I can't really sum it up succinctly as I want to because I'm very tired physically and mentally right now, but I hope this helps someone, OR perhaps someone can help me with what I've said. Thanks.<br />
nightangel53

Best Answer

HI Nightangel- I can put and end to all these suicide comments once and for all- If one does commit that act then that is one sure way to get to Hell and your right too! I understand you completely dear, but I know you deal with alot of those who cannot accept that
truth of the scriptures. I do! And yes nightangel you helped Turkish
diva. Thanks honey.

Best Answer

The fear of hell was the only thing that prevented me of committing suicide again. Though, I don't believe that everyone deserves to go to hell for committing suicide. It really depends on the scenario and the mental condition the person was in. Some people have better reasons to end their life. Like for myself, I recently developed thyroid problems, where it will eventually lead to hypothyroidism. I refuse to live a life of having uncontrollable weight gain and have frequent fatigue.
I personally would pray for several hours before my attempt. Only G-d can make the proper judgement.
If I ever tried again, I hope that I will at least be sent to purgatory, if it exists.
(Please note: I am not responsible for anyone, who becomes influenced by what I say, of attempting to commit suicide. I just feel that I should say this.)

Best Answer

I have many times wanted to go 'home' through suicide. I am fortunate that my home in this world includes many good people who care about me. And I have experienced many times where the circumstances that caused me pain gradually improved. I can't give up now. God will make the decision of when it is time for me to go and heaven will be waiting then.

Best Answer

My boyfriend and my kitty cat need me.

Best Answer

I have ONE reason that I would not commit suicide. I want to live.

Best Answer

You think you are living?....wait till you "die" and find out there is no such thing as death. As long as you are identified with the body you will see things that way. We exist in a field of infinite dimensions. You are never so alive as in death.

Best Answer

Well said.More people should realize that.

Best Answer

You sound like you have died before. I think not.

Best Answer

You don't make any sense.You sound like we're all dead already or never existed.Life is full of feelings, death is full of mystery.

Best Answer

You're a fool. Just because you waste the gift that you have been given don't project it on me. Reduce your meds.

Best Answer

You are not thinking at all. There is no reason in your posting. You must be bored and needed to get attention.

Best Answer

Hah! You're the one who makes no sense. You sure did overreact to my posting! This is a typed forum not a verbal one and the fact that you hear "sound" tells about your mental issues. Get a clue and stop trying to bring other peoples appreciation of life down with your idiocy.

Best Answer

You won't get to see the people at your funeral saying nice things about you and saying they wish they could have stopped you. Unless you get to be a ghost, but face it, that's not bloody likely.

Best Answer

You don't get a second chance at life.

Best Answer

Why would anyone write such ignorant rubbish?

Best Answer

I think this in itself is enough of a reason to kill myself.

Best Answer

All the people that are against suicide are all just showing the basic animal instinct of survival.......To me yous are the weak ones lying to yourselfs with stupid statements like "life gets better"....really?.. in a society that tends to the youth and discards the old. there is no fact to this statement and the thing that really gets me is these are the people filled with fear and are terrified by death, hiding in their ****** lives.<br />
to live is to suffer to survive is to find meaning in the suffering<br />
Anyone found meaning in the suffering..?

Best Answer

I sure haven't found meaning in the suffering.

Best Answer

why is this society so set on preserveing live? we have shrinks who make hundreds of thousands a dollars a year to do what? then all they talk about is how they want to make bridges have fences so people can not jump off? my question is if we do not care about others while their alive then why so much concern when they die?

Best Answer

I agree if no wone cares when your living why should they when your dead

Best Answer

This isn't a reason. Not all problems are temporary. My reason for wanting to end this will never change as long as I am in this body.

Best Answer

I can't agree to that. Because of my current conditions, my doctors told me that I would eventually develop Type 2 diabetes and hypothyroidism. And many other sources claim the same thing.

Best Answer

you'll die eventually. there's no reason to rush it and risk having to start over again. hang it there. you're time will come.

Best Answer

..after years and years and years and years of suffering, your time will come. enjoy the time that you have :)

Best Answer

George Bush is gone. Obama is here.

Best Answer

I'm a Christian And no one would wish on anyone the life I've had. I am also an anihlationist so people afraid of burning for eternity it isn't true. I believe we will stand and have to give an account for what we have done.
I have bipolar type 1 so suicide becomes familiar but that's not the route I want to meet god on. If you are suicidal see a phychiatrist and seek help As modern medicine and science can do a lot for you. We feel profound sorrow but the thing is it can be helped. You feel no one cares I always feel sad for those a people that have gone through with it as I know what that pain is like. Why care when your life sux. I can assure you that even when you feel great pain, sorrow, melancholy and despair there is one that created you in his image who wants to meet you on his and not your terms. I care for you! Like I said I know of many people who committed suicde and I think a lot of the times it WAS a permanent solution over a temporary problem eg. Friend when i was 13 killed himself over a girl when he was 20. He would be 33 now and maybe married to someone else or completely happy in his life in other ways. I'm not trying o convert you but I do want you to know that it is very sad when you feel this way. To me and to many others. Try this 1 thing. Do something kind to someone and see how this lights them up. We do live in a crappy world but there are many alternatives to suicide. I won't rave on anymore but every time i hear of suicide I don't judge but feel a deep sadness. I won't say life is easy but it can get easier than it is for you now. After this post I don't know if it helped anyone but it took my mind of the issue I'm writing about. "Turn life's lemons ino lemonade"m

Best Answer