Maleik and Jalia, 5, were walking through their backyard in Dublin, Georgia, to their school bus stop when their neighbour's two unleashed pit bills bounded through a hole in the chain link fence that divided the properties and starting growling at the little girl. "So I ran over there and started kicking [the dogs] away from her," Maleik told 13WMAZ, showing off his stitches and wounds. Maleik told his little sister to run to safety, then fought off the angry dogs with Jalia's toy chair. "When they locked on to my leg, I got a chair and started hitting them with it," he told 13WMAZ. Maliek escaped, hopping his own fence. His older sister immediately drove him to the hospital where he was treated for 23 bites on his legs and four bites on his hands. http://ca.news.yahoo.com/blogs/good-news/11-old-boy-fights-off-pit-bulls-save-211523836.html
ItsmeDee ItsmeDee 41-45, F 21 Answers Nov 10, 2012 in Hobbies

The person that owns a pitbull makes a HUGE difference in how the hound reacts. We had a Doberman, a Wolf/Husky cross and German shepard on our farm and they were very good :)

Best Answer

Very well said Mike.

Best Answer

German Sheperds attack even more people. The reality is many of the popular breeds are known to be aggressive. Both of my dogs, little terriers...born for hunting even though they look like lap dogs....very aggressive to anyone uninvited.

Best Answer

I've only come across three pitbulls in my life and each one of them I wouldn't trust. People are in denial saying these dogs aren't naturally agressive ... it's like saying retrievers aren't the most docile breed. People have pitbulls for one reason and one reason only ... intimidation

Best Answer

i've read they make great therapy dogs.

Best Answer

dangerous

Best Answer

Kinda makes me like mike vick a little more...They were the best dogs to have around kids in the fiftys in is people who made them the way they are with training them to fight and inbreeding.

Best Answer

I honestly feel the sale of pitt's should be Outlawed. How many people have to suffer before they figure out People are not responsible enough to own these animals and control them. My Opinion. :)

Best Answer

If you ask me its the same as having a wild boar ...

Best Answer

Except for, that Wild boars will run, if givin the opportunity

Best Answer

Yeah thats true ...

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

I'm not a fan.

Best Answer

I don't want them around my kids.

Best Answer

Not a fan of any dog. More a cat person.. I find that quite heroic of the boy. Most people would freeze up at that age.

Best Answer

If they are cought on my property, I kill them. They have stalked my livestock. Ditto the german sheppard, that was egressive when I stepped out of my front door.<br />
When the pit was going into my stud pen; he got his tail in the electric fence. I was giggling so hard, I couldn't have hit him anyway. My stud horse would likely have killed him anyway. My gelding killed my stepsons blue heeler, that used to stalk him, to bite him on the heels.

Best Answer

same as guns, some things shouldn't go together, guns don't kill people, the people do, same with the dog's these dogs have been nread tpo do what they did to those kids, it's sad that people have to make things hurt innocent people, may sound cold, but it's true, people that have dogs like this should have same result as murder etc.

Best Answer

My dog was crippled by one owned by a homless man I was trying to help.

Best Answer

I donĀ“t like them. Never have most likely never will.

Best Answer

They belong in zoos and the owners belong in prison.

Best Answer

They are animals, what can i say?

Best Answer