She came home frightened like hell from this demonic movie. I was upset that she actually sat through this inappropriate aged movie, but I was more upset that the parents allowed them to watch it.
Orkaprol Orkaprol 41-45, F 23 Answers Jun 21, 2012

If you taught your daughter to know better, then I'm thinking part of it was definitely her responsibility- to remove herself from that situation or to at least call and clear it with you that she watch that movie. And I would definitely reconsider allowing her to stay over at that friend's house again. I don't know what sort of relationship you have with the other child's parents, but it is good to get to know what kind of people they are and if their standards for their kids are similar to yours. But sometimes, it's almost impossible to know what might happen there. You can only do the best you can and hope that everyone involved will make the right decisions.

Best Answer

i grew up watching the most violent movies. really it's up to the parents to police what the children watch.

Best Answer

The parents ... the children probally didn't relise how scary the movie was .... If my 13 year old has friends over and they want to watch horror movies I always make sure it's ok with the parents first .. and if the movie is pg or r rated i have to check it out first ...

Best Answer

It's just a movie, and it wasn't great but one of the better "Horrors" of the past few years. If she's is the sensitive type, she'll get over it in a few days.

Best Answer

She's 13! It scared her like crazy!!!!

Best Answer

Dude, she's 13! She didn't watch a ********** p0rno or anything. I wouldn't be angry at all because it's just a (somewhat) scary movie.

Best Answer

Is she your only chid? First kid? Did you see the question where another mom was dealing with a pregnant 13 year old? What about the 13 yr old kid on here who is trying to kill his/herself? Thank God she only watched a scary movie. I have 3 kids of my own and fostered several of my cousins...you should just talk to her about it being a movie...and again be thankful it was a movie. I have a soon to be 13 year old boy and a 15 year old boy, who literally walked out on a scary movie and they were with me...the movie started and both were like really forget this I can't watch this and walked out. It was her choice to stay.

Best Answer

Parents. If I wasn't sure if the other parent would be ok with something, I would make my daughters friend call home to check.

Best Answer

I believe you should be mad with parents they should have informed you of them watching this movie so you had a say

Best Answer

Be thankful your daughter made you aware of the situation, maybe she is hoping that you will say something to her friends parents so that she will save face with her friends but not have to sit through a film like that again.

Best Answer

Thirteen is a tough age to parent. I'm speaking from my past experience as a defiant teenager, not a parent. At that age the responsibility is about 49% on the child and 51% on the adults.

Best Answer

Parents

Best Answer

parents ...hug your daughter and keep calm

Best Answer