The girl is super intelligent. Wow's me for sure when it comes to math. I didn't even know she was 15 when I spoke to her. the guy she's dating is the same age as my partner, and they've been together for about 10 months. I know it's not legal, but her 16th is this year, and they're so in love. I guess, Should they be dating at that age? What would happen if he was caught?
ThisIsMediocritiesOldAcc ThisIsMediocritiesOldAcc 18-21, F 13 Answers Feb 1, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

dating is not illegal...

Best Answer

Ironically he could go to jail and be subjected unwillingly to sex paetners with a much bigger age gap.

Best Answer

It's not for me to judge whether they should date or not, but what I can tell you is that what he is doing is illegal in almost all jurisdictions. Depending on where you guys live, he could get probation or worse if her parents wanted to press the issue. If things turn bad between them, she could throw him under the bus also. A myriad of problems could arise from this situation.

Best Answer

I agree, but I'm unsure as to whether they've slept together. Is just dating okay or is that still statuatory?

Best Answer

Dating without sexual contact is not statutory. The problem is, if things turned bad, she could lie and say that there was contact. It has happened to others.

Best Answer

I don't think they should date .Shes 15 and has her whole life ahead of her and doesn't need a boyfriend right now she needs to enjoy having fun,going out with her friends.<br />
So noway should they date.

Best Answer

He should date closer to his age anyway cause girls that age are pretty immature and don't know how a real relationship works.

Best Answer

This chick is probably more mature than me. Has a career sorted out already, has investment plans, this kid is insane.

Best Answer

Here UK legal age of consent 16 so could wait a year. Hey does dating equal sex ? Just going out no sex, fine.

Best Answer

I didn't ask, I'm not into getting all up in people's grill about their sex lives. I'm afraid of people oversharing with me. xD
We'll assume no.

Best Answer

As long as they are not having sex, not a problem. Just because the legal age of consent is 16 here, 15 people not really batting an eyelid. Different where the age of consent is higher. Say 18 and a case to be asking questions.

Best Answer

I think it's fine. They aren't too far apart, and she's old enough to know what she's doing. If he got caught, he could be charged with rape, but I think she would have to press charges. Not sure on that though.

Best Answer

Could his or her family members press charges?

Best Answer

Yes I believe they can, I'm not sure though. I've heard of angry fathers pressing charges, but she might be able to fight it if that happened.

Best Answer

As long as they are not having sex, not a problem !!

Best Answer

In most places, the parents could press charges without her consent, due to her age. All it takes is one teed-off parent for that to happen. It's a sticky wicket.

Best Answer

doubt it

Best Answer

Depends entirely upon where you live. In California and many other states, he can love and date her all he wants, as long as it doesn't become sexual until she's 18. Otherwise, if her parents wanted to make an issue of it, he could wind up in jail for statutory rape, and labelled a sexual offender. In a few states the age of consent is 16, a couple of others it's 14, I believe.

Best Answer

Dating is not illegal.<br />
Having sex with a minor is a crime in many parts of the world.

Best Answer

Check the age of consent laws where they live...

Best Answer