It all started with a can of pumpkin and a cheapo box of yellow cake mix. I dumped some pumpkin pie spice in and mixed it all up. Just the box and can and spice. The results were so dense and moist it didn't even need the suggested apple cider glaze. Tonight I used a can of pumpkin and a box of dark chocolate devil's food cake. No eggs, no oil, just the two. Then I added a lot of cinnamon. About two tablespoons. After it was baked I poked a few holes in the top and added glaze made from confectioner's sugar, Kahlua Coffee Cream flavor, and a little water. It tastes just like a Gansito cupcake without the fruit goo.
DisorderlyCyn DisorderlyCyn 41-45, F 5 Answers Nov 18, 2012 in Food

If you're anything like me- Wallet + Local Bakery ;)

Best Answer

Definitely not like you then! I like baking! I rarely use mixes but I got these free so I figured I'd dress them up. I've never tasted anything like my cakes in a bakery. They are rich and dense and have flavorful glazes. When I go to a bakery the cakes are so airy and tasteless! they have thick frostings, sometimes good, sometimes not.

Best Answer

That's awesome, Disorderly. Sounds delicious!

Best Answer

Dirt and water... oh wait.. that's mud pie.

Best Answer

i like pineapple cream cake

Best Answer

Yellow or white cake mix and a large can of crushed pineapple....got that one off of Pinterest.

Best Answer

Oh boy and I have a can of crushed pineapple! How about a dusting of toasted coconut too? I know it's only called two ingredient cakes but I sure like to add three or four extra ingredients in the mix don't I?

Best Answer

You can add whatever you like to the cake, coconut would be perfect like a pina colada cake. I used to work at a kitchen that served meals to the elderly (congregate meal program) in the late 70's. One day the cook made a fruit cocktail cake. She mixed a white cake mix with a can of fruit cocktail and baked it, it was very good & moist....the only "fruitcake" that I ever liked. You could do that too, add some nuts if you like.

Best Answer

That even sounds good! Or tropical fruit. I have some canned mandarins too. I had six boxes of cake mix, all but one was yellow. I want to be rid of them by the first of the year (New Years resolutions and all that!) but I want to do it RIGHT! lol No plain cakes for me. :)

Best Answer

Might be good baked in a Bundt pan, looks fancy that way.

Best Answer

Graham crackers and a can of frosting.

Best Answer

That sounds different. You just dip them? Or crumble them with frosting? Or are you just kidding me?

Best Answer

I'm not kidding. You make sandwiches out of them. Spread the frosting on the graham cracker and put another graham on top. I like chocolate. That's how we use up frosting at my house.

Best Answer

Sounds like something fun I could do with my little girl. :)

Best Answer