It's a difficult situation. Ethically, she has a good a right as any to that transplant. But the truth is that there is a high need for donors, and well, the ones who are more likely to live with it (and not waste the organ that could go to someone else) will get first pick. It's sad, but as she is someone's daughter, so is the next person.

Best Answer

she should be afforded the same chances that anyone else would get

Best Answer

That's BS

Best Answer

Paging Dr. Mengele, Dr. Mengele wanted in the Eugenics Ward

Best Answer

WTF why, sounds like the nazis with thier natural selection, she has as much right as anyone else for a good life and should be able to get one, that not right

Best Answer

I'd need to hear a very good argument linking intelligence to survival, because I haven't seen any evidence. Weighing a person's value to the greater good is eugenics, and wrong.

Best Answer

this isnt right just cause she had mentle issues doesnt mean she shouldnt have a chance at living life!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

I fully agree

Best Answer

I wonder who decides who is worthy and who is not. This sounds like a dangerous precident, especially if it is some bureaucrat. Is it some judge? doctor? I mean who is to say who is more deserving of life!!!

Best Answer

I knew something like this would happen, where someone has to address the extent of support mentally disabled people receive. The moral issue: "Why is one life more important than another?" "Should donated organs only go to individual's who are fully, or at least partially functional?" On the flip side, "This is my child. Help her as you would any other 3 year old.."<br />
It's an extremely tough situation for everyone involved. Some might see a valuable organ going to waste, when it could be helping a "healthy" child, but others will say no one has the right to judge who deserves what, and if a kidney is available, give it to her.

Best Answer

I can see where there decision comes from, do i support it? no not really. However even if their child got put on a list for a new kidney, the list would be long and the more "urgent" or "important" cases would get attention first, she'd have to wait for a looooong time and by the time one became available it might not even be a match for her so she may have to wait even longer for a match. they would probably be better off finding a donor anyway.

Best Answer

I'm not sure that's a viable reason in the medical field. I certainly don't think it's a viable reason morally. It's very hard to determine are 3 year old's potential. I'm sure if family can find a donor their are plenty of doctors that would be willing (a related person can be best sometimes anyway). Now if it is the case that they don't think she would survive because of the disability or some more logical reason not to give her the transplant I could see that. I'm pretty sure they have to use some sort of health grounds to exclude people.

Best Answer

: ( heart breaking and confused-that is very sad

Best Answer

Say what you want, but this is one area where the Catholic Church goes ballz to the wall to save and preserve life-If this were a Catholic hospital all stops would be pulled out to get this child a kidney

Best Answer

I would too-I have a child and I know it would rip my heart out if it were my child! : (

Best Answer

I think it's awful.

Best Answer