Carrie7 Carrie7 51-55, F 26 Answers Nov 6, 2012 in WTK

People wasting money buying things they could have bought anytime during the year if they wanted to show someone they cared about them through gifts, I get money, and life goes on. It's just another day, but with lights, annoying specials on tv, even more annoying commercials, and Christmas music.

Best Answer

Even though Christmas is basically on the wrong day historically,I still think of it as the birthday of my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

Best Answer

Its too bad History Channel no longer plays Jesus of Nazareth at Christmas time any more I practically cry when He looks right at the screen and says I will be you,even until the end of time.

Best Answer

I will be with you even until the end of time!

Best Answer

Midwinter's Night is a celebration that is many thousands of years old. Imperial Rome celebrated it as Saturnalia, a 12 day celebration of the Sun God. After Caesar won a war with the Galls and exterminated their Druid leaders, it became more and more difficult to accurately determine what day was actually Winter Solstice. The Roman or "Julian" calendar didn't have an accurate leap year so it drifted over time. In 273 Emperor Arillian declared that Winter Solstice shall be celebrated on December 25 and Saturnalia celebrated from December 25 to January 6 throughout the Empire. A couple centuries later at their Second Conference of Constantinople Christians decided to overlay Roman and Pagan holidays with Christian celebrations. They chose Saturnalia to celebrate the birth of Jesus. Loosely translated the Archbishop of Constantinople said, "While the pagans celebrate the rebirth of their *#&*@^& Sun God, we can celebrate the birth of the Son of God." It is still celebrated on December 25, and the official "Christmas season" is until January 6, now called the 12 days of Christmas.

Since we are pagans we celebrate the very ancient Midwinter's Night on the actual Solstice by lighting a thousand small lights against the darkness to show the Sun that we wait for his return. We decorate with pine and fir trees that do not die in winter, and with holly that affirms the coming spring by bearing its fruit in the dead of winter. We give gifts in continuing the Roman tradition of gift giving at Saturnalia.

Best Answer

Christmas is about spending time with family. On christmas eve, my family will gather around the table for dinner; then, after watch tv until midnight. at Midnight, we say Merry christmas to each other, and we open the presents. Then we go to bed.

Best Answer

nothing anymore, not since i was about 10 or 12 yrs old. at first it was all about the gifts then i went through a spiritual change and now i despise everything about the manufactured, commercialized event.

Best Answer

A day of grieving... That's why I wait for

Kwanzaa on 12/26 and buy everything on sale.

Best Answer

Vacation, sales shopping in London :P

Best Answer

Absolutely love the Christmas season,it's a very special time of the year for me !

Best Answer

Well it did mean Yay can I open my presents up!! Now it's a day to party and be thankful

Best Answer

Not Jesus Bday for sure:-) Its really a pagan holiday brought into the church in the 4th century:-)

Best Answer

I've given up on Christmas. It's just another day.

Best Answer

Nothing

Best Answer

Family get together. Would be good if just grandparents and maybe my favorite uncle but no, have to get the cünt nephew in on it too. God, I really fücking hate that kid..

Best Answer

a Tuesday off work

Best Answer

it means im going to be a year older

Best Answer

I hate it and everything it has become. My birthday happens to be Dec. 25 and it has not depressed me

Best Answer

An increase in my fuel bills and frozen vomit on the streets in the morning.

Best Answer

Celebration of the birth of Jesus of Nazereth, and I don't do anything Christmas related until after December 15.

Best Answer

its my anniversary! the best day of the year. and it will be the most celebrated holiday of my future family

Best Answer

Family friends pressies and a booze up

Best Answer