Why do you think people get divorced more these days? Do you think that is good, or bad?
Grieta Grieta 41-45, F 20 Answers Jan 4, 2011

It wasn't allowed by the church for catholics. I know there were many many many couples so miserable and unhappy and trapped forever in the marriages.

Best Answer

Feminism. Women realized they didnt have to stick with the same ahole forever.

Best Answer

Women stopped taking massive amounts of valium.

Best Answer

1. War, when women had to go work the factories and men were off fighting. <br />
2. Contraception and Roe-v-Wade, gave women the idea that they might enjoy sex too, with fewer ramifications.<br />
3. Cars, when our nation became more mobile, there were more options<br />
4. Enlightenment,.. painful, but explosive<br />
5. Technology and the advancing of our ability to be deceitful<br />
6. Break-down of major religions and a marked loss of faith<br />
7. The 70s<br />
8. The 80s<br />
9. AshleyMadison.com and sites like it that promote cheating <br />
10. The internet

Best Answer

Just a general comment....but in the past there were no advantages for woman who wanted to divorce and they would do anything to keep the relationship alive, which was probably not always the best circumstances to be left in, but they were the engine of the family. But now days they get most of everything from the relationship, there is no stigma and great financial advantage...there is no want or drive to fix things, change things etc.<br />
So it seems to me that the old commercial principle applies...if you want more of something, subsidise it, if you want less tax it.

Best Answer

it got more complicated and one expected more from the other

Best Answer

I agree. I think men and woman these days expect more from marriage then just a family where mommy raise the kids while daddy works for the money.

Best Answer

Values have changed drastically. Anything damn near goes.

Best Answer

LIBERAL DEMOCRATS.

Best Answer

they took prayer out of schools,courthouses, etc. along with social services telling you how to disipline your children, ******* gays rule and everyones morals went in the toilet. A family that prays together stays together.

Best Answer

Women realized that they could still have it all just without the aggravation. I believe that statistics have proven that men's happiness increases with marriage while a women's happiness decreases. That said, I believe that divorce is good for women but bad for men.

Best Answer

DIVORCE OBVIOUSLY BECAME MORE ACCEPTABLE IN SOCIETY AS WELL WITHIN<br />
RELIGIOUS UNIONS (VOWS WERE NO LONGER AS HONORED.) "NO FAULT" DIVORCE, SHORTER OR NO WAITING PERIODS, <br />
I AM SURE MADE FILING A SIMPLER MATTER. ONCE A STIGMA, IT SADLY HAS ALMOST<br />
BECOME THE NORM (I HAVE DIVORCED TWO WIVES-30 YRS AND 4 YRS---NO DIFFERENT <br />
HERE!!) AND ONCE FAMILY ENCOUNTERED IT'S FIRST DIVORCE, OTHERS FOLLOWED AS WAS EASIER NOT BEING FIRST. I DOUBT THAT AGE HAS MUCH TO DO WITH IT AS WE HAVE GONE<br />
FROM YOUNG TO OLDER TO YOUNGER TO NOW AGAIN, A BIT OLDER WHEN AVG PERSON FIRST WEDS.<br />
SEEING PAPAL ANNULMENTS (I AM NOT ROMAN CATHOLIC) AS IN CASE<br />
OF KENNEDY CLAN, TWO MARRIAGES OF 29++ years LEFT THE LESS AFFLUENT PERSON<br />
WITH DIVORCE OPTION ONLY. REMINDS ME OF JOHN TETZEL'S SALE OF INDULGENCES WHICH PROMPTED LUTHER MORE THAN ANYTHING ELSE TO POST 95 ISSUES HE FELT AS AN EDUCATOR/PROFESSOR AT WITTENBURG UNIV. FOR DISCUSSION. FORTUNATELY, HE "REDISCOVERED" GRACE WHICH HAD BEEN THE EARLY (1ST CENTURY) CHURCH'S BELIEF. MONEY CHANGED THAT AS IT ALSO CHANGED THE ISSUE OF PRIESTS MARRYING. THE ROMAN EMPEROR ORDERED THE POPE MAKE THE CHANGE TO CELIBACY FOR ECONOMIC REASONS.

Best Answer

Yeah, what Imori said. Women rights....they didn't have to stick with the same jerk husband, and a guy didn't have to coddle and care for a capable independent woman just because he knocked her up.

Best Answer

after 50 year many things changed...our faith,emotion,relation...many things...we lost faith.we now r completely selfcentered,just a selfish creature..now when we think that our spouse not fullfilling our need we through them out of our life..like our old cloths..how amazing...we buy a new cloth..we r no more human being..we r just an ob<x>ject to be used up...infact animal r better than us..

Best Answer

After divorce in those times, you got nothing, not even your children, or stuffs, now... you can take it all :D

Best Answer

womens lib

Best Answer

I think women got more power in the work place and that helped women leave a man if she wasn't treated correctly or there wasn't much harmony in the relationship.

Best Answer

Interestingly it was a societal expectation for a woman to remain married. Recently, I got out my mother's cookbooks. Many were for different charities (Junior League, ect) and the woman submitting the recipe recorded her name as Mrs. John Smith. I mean all the ladies wrote their names this way! No one was even Mrs. Jennifer Smith. No woman even mentioned their first name.

Best Answer

feminist movement

Best Answer