A couple of year's ago we were having a heat wave and the power went out. We have a geneator, but it was not big enough to handle everything plus the AC. At 2 am with the windows open and a fan running it was 92 degrees in the house. It had been 100 during the day. We couldn't sleep it was so hot. We decided to go for a ride. The AC in my truck worked perfectly! It cooled us down very fast. We drove over to the next town and stopped at a 7-11 for a cold drink. Life was good for a minute. :)

Best Answer

That is a nice adventure. I can remember growing up no even have electricity. I can remember it feeling very hot too.

Best Answer

yeah, well I grew up in Florida....No AC as a kid...parents couldn't afford to run it...Ack! =(

Best Answer

that would be bad bad. I remember getting in the pond or streams or anything just to cool off a bit.

Best Answer

Fortunately the power was restored in about a day and a half. We didn't have to do two nights of that heat. :)

Best Answer

Even a cool shower or bath at home is good for cooling off too.

Best Answer

during the day i dont really like the air on, dont like the cold air on me so i turn it on in the afternoon to cool things down so i can sleep and turn it off when i go to sleep, do you sleep with yours on?

Best Answer

I have not put mine on yet.

Best Answer

Gee, I've never had AC. I simply endure the heat... even when it's well over 100.

Best Answer

NEVER???? I would suffocate. Anyway it is raining here now so that will cool it down.

Best Answer

Never.

Best Answer

So how is your tomato plants this year?

Best Answer

I just got them in 2 hours ago. Spent most of the day erecting my raccoon fence.

Best Answer

You are a worker for sure. A very hard and dedicated worker.

Best Answer

85 is not bad....wait until it is 100,105 then it will be miserable.<br />
leave it off as long as possible, you will appreciate it when you get your electric bill.

Best Answer

I do leave it off. I don't like high electric bills.

Best Answer

yeah... really depends on the humidity for me, but 85 is hot.

Best Answer

It is pretty high humidity right now.

Best Answer

My thermostat is set to 70°…

Best Answer

I would freeze at that temps.

Best Answer

Not me...heat bothers me greatly....wanna bother my turtleneck? =)

Best Answer

lol, no need for a turtleneck in this weather.

Best Answer

mine is 78

Best Answer