I find it extremely scary that girls as young as 17 are having babies. Where I live there is a high number of teenage pregnancies and I believe its getting out of hand. I believe a lot of the girls (perhaps not all) do not think of the responsibility and strain the baby is going to put themselves and their families under. There is one girl in particular I know who only turned 16 a few months ago, only knew her boyfriend for 1 months and she was out clubbing a week ago (5 months pregnant), extremely intoxicated. I think more should be done to prevent situations such as the one I mentioned.

Best Answer

Just because you can doesn't mean you should. It is a long term commitment hard work no time off. I wish you well. My girlfriend in high school did it, she is a wonderful mom. she hasn't had much of a life from my perspective, but then again she does seem to be happy.

Best Answer

i'm not pro-life. i'm not pro-choice. i'm pro-no-baby-to-begin with. kids having kids make me want to kill people to keep the population from going out of control. you can get contraception for free, for goodness' sake!

Best Answer

When I was 16, I didn't care that I couldn't vote, nor do I now, and I didn't smoke then, but I drank and drove (sometimes at the same time), but I certainly wasn't stupid enough to get pregnant.

Best Answer

Not much to the law except at at 16 in Australia except at that age you can have sex.<br />
It is not illegal to have a child.<br />
End does not make you an adult by what you did.<br />
So you have a baby means this you are responsible to conduct care with no abuse and to be for your child when required.<br />
Over that your parents have that same obligation for you until age 18.<br />
The difference is support and the rest like it is a law.<br />
Voting, work. taxes, being able to sign a legal lease to give your child a roof , and much more like health care and could go on.<br />
If someone is allowed to give child care as a babysitter at ages much younger why not be able to take care of their own baby.<br />
But does not by some miricle give give them instant wisedom of how to vote or be how to be moderate because you had a child. (sorry to me this is children making children)

Best Answer

.I'm more and more convinced that it all comes down to learning how to make good choices. Starting from a very early age. I believe that as life has become more complex (with more conflicting information being presented to children from schools, peers, media...etc.) the ability to know what choices are right for them has become more difficult. In the first half of the 20 century, it was considered very wrong and unacceptable for young girls to have children out of wedlock and that message was clear to them. Now it's not.

Best Answer

Having a baby isn't a "Right," it is a biological fact. It has nothing to do with smoking, drinking, or driving which aren't, strictly speaking, "rights" in many countries. (In the USA, driving is a "privilege." The government classified it as a privilege so they could force you to waive some of your rights in order to get a license.) <br />
Teen pregnancy is a problem. Responsible parents end up with pregnant daughters. Irresponsible parents are spared the problem. When the girl makes a choice to get pregnant, there is always some guy willing to help. Education is the only answer.

Best Answer