I'm getting married next year, and my younger brother is going to give me away and stand as a bride's maid (oh yeah, he loved that one, haha) in my wedding. He's my best friend in the entire world, and we've been through a lot together. I don't have a real father figure, and even though my brother is two years younger than me, he always stepped up and acted like that older brother every girl deserves. I love him very much, and I desperately need a song for us to dance to! Since there will be no father/daughter dance, I figured I'd have a brother/sister dance. I'm also doing a mother/daughter dance, and the song I picked for that was, "A Friend to Me" by Garth Brooks. Now, my brother hates country, so any suggestions don't have to be based off of the Garth Brooks song, haha! Any and all help is much appreciated! :)
Capriolo Capriolo 22-25, F 10 Answers Feb 13, 2012

dueling banjos

Best Answer

Hero- mariah carey

whenever you remember- mariah carey

ill stand by you- pretenders

my wish- rascal flatts

Best Answer

Oh, when I read the question I thought it was like a "southern brother/sister" wedding. I was going to say "anything by Georgia Satellites" but now that I read it I will say anything by Donnie and Marie would work.

Best Answer

You've Got a Friend-James Taylor

I'll Stand by You - Pretenders

Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler (a little overdone)

You and Me Against the World - Helen Reddy (cut out the Mommy parts in the beginning and end)

These are all pretty sappy but you might like one

0

Best Answer

Sometime you cant make it on your own - U2

There is a light that never goes out - The Smiths

Just the way you are - Billy Joel

Waiting on a Friend - The Rolling Stones

Best Answer

"In My Life" by the Beatles. The lyrics are a warm sentiment that don't come across icky.

Best Answer

If you happen to be from Southern USA, I would suggest "Dueling Banjos."

Best Answer
Best Answer