theTheodore theTheodore 18-21, M 42 Answers Aug 8, 2012 in Hobbies

A degree indicates either perseverance or money, sometimes both. It's a great measurement of the amount of effort a person is willing to make for status. However, no, it does not indicate intelligence. There's plenty of educated unintelligent people and uneducated intelligent people. Really, it's what you do with your knowledge and status that will really show what that piece of paper is worth.

Best Answer

Uhh,how many clueless Harvard and Yale graduates have we had in the white house so far?

Best Answer

Absolutely not. A degree just shows the world that you're capable of finishing something (difficult to do) that you've started.

Best Answer

but who would you rather see marry your sister: a highschool dropout or a guy with a degree?

Best Answer

I don't have a sister.

Best Answer

sorry if i confused you

Best Answer

No, it doesn't. And it doesn't guarantee you a job, either.

Best Answer

Understatement of the day.

Best Answer

Oh what?

Best Answer

all a degree shows is, ones ability to remember/regurgitate what one read in a book. I have a buddy who has a couple of degrees. I am amazed at times that he can get out of his house.

Best Answer

No it does not. I have a doctorate degree. High level degrees indicate that a person has the ability to stick to a mental endurance race. In the states you have to complete your bachelors, masters and then your doctorate. I have met many people with only a high school education whose wisdom and understanding of complex concepts blows away someone with an advanced degree.<br />
Unfortunately, when the economy is bad, employers will give jobs to people who have degrees over those that don't. It is a way to quickly weed people out. It isn't fair but it is the way it is. In some industries, you will not be considered for promotion without a masters in your field (high school instructors), and you won't be considered for a principal position (high school) or a dean position (college) without a doctorate.<br />
This is one time that a little piece of paper (degree) = a lot of little pieces of paper (cash).

Best Answer

Nope, particularly with the lowered standards of higher education these days.

Best Answer

I would think someone who got all the way through college could at least spell and use proper grammar. I worked with several women who were department directors at a college, who had degrees, but who couldn't spell or create a proper sentence. It made me wonder how they were able to graduate in the first place. Once I received a resume from someone who stated they were "a upper level graduate student."

Best Answer

certainly not....i have seen many well educated people that have no common sense left at all. and they seem to only know something about their "specialty" anhd thats it, and then...all they seek is hearing themselves talk about it!!!!!

Best Answer

It does indicate a degree of intelligence.

Best Answer

It depends on who you ask.

Best Answer

Not at all.

Best Answer

all lies and to a degree, losing who i wanna be :P

Best Answer

I have a bachelors degree, and a facilitators certificate, plus an associates from long ago. I am still doing the same old job I have been doing for 18 years. I am glad to have a job at least. I have a friend whom has an advanced degree and SHE isn't working right now. As stated by another it doesn't guarantee you a job. Yes I have known some people whom are smarter by way of common sense and life experience than the bookworm types. I work with very educated people who don't have enough sense to come out of the rain......................<br />
ARADIA11

Best Answer

it indicates proficiency in the material learned. My "boyfriend" got a degree in automotive stuff and a 4.0 without even studying he said. He also can be as dumb as a rock when it comes to other things. Judging someone's intelligence ba<x>sed on your own standards of what an "intelligent" person is is a task doomed for failure. Everyone has their personal strengths and weaknesses, and none is any better or worse than anyone else's. But you should always try to be better. A quote I like says, "Work on your weaknesses until they are strengths, and work on your strengths until they are second nature."

Best Answer

I agree with most of the 'just shows ability to learn' comments to an extent, but it takes intelligence to understand and thereby learn many subjects, while others just require perseverance or a good memory. So it really depends on the subject matter in the syllabus.<br />
So there is no definitive yes/no answer to this question.

Best Answer

You've got to have some level of intelligence to earn a degree, but you can't know, say, someone's IQ by what degree they have. All degrees aren't equal in difficulty.

Best Answer

Earning a degree involves a certain amount of intelligence, but you can be intelligent without one

Best Answer