please ask your veterinarian about this
wraithorn wraithorn 41-45, M 7 Answers Oct 16, 2010

Yes, it is true that cats should not be given cow's milk, at least not regularly or in large quantities. It tends to upset their stomachs and can cause diarrhoea. Some cats tolerate it better than others, while some have more sensitive stomachs and can not drink cow's milk at all. If your cats tolerate it o.k, you can give them a small amount as an occasional treat. To avoid stomach upsets, if you want to give your cats milk, it is usually recommended to give a small amount diluted in water. You can also buy milk which is specially formulated for kittens and cats from the pet-food aisle of your supermarket or at a pet store, but for some reason both my cats refuse to drink this special kind of "cat milk". (Go figure! :-) ) I very rarely give my cats any milk as they simply don't need it. However, they sometimes drink the leftover milk in the bottom of my breakfast cereal bowl, and I let them, as they seem to enjoy it and this small amount does not cause any ill-effects in them. However, as long as cats have tasty, nutritious food and plenty of fresh water available, they will get along fine without any milk at all. :-) Oh, and CountSpatula is wrong - tuna is fine for cats. I don't know where he got this crazy idea, but it is not true. My cats prefer cat food made from fish, and many fish-ba<x>sed cat foods contain large amounts of tuna. Some are even made purely from tuna. Both my cats have been eating tuna almost daily all their lives, and not only do they LOVE it, they are both extremely healthy. The omega3 essential fatty acids found in fish like tuna are beneficial to a cat's general well-being and produce a healthy, glossy coat.

Best Answer

that is quite a complete answer bowiegirl , ty

Best Answer

i have been giving my cats half/half for many years, and never had any problems, i have 15 happy healthy kitties. julia1955

Best Answer

I did know that, but I think there are many others who do not. Tuna is also NOT good for them.

Best Answer

really ? i'll keep that in mind

Best Answer