I told her this was insane! She told me this was her way to thank her mom for being in her life for the past 24 years and it's nothing to be mention or be proud of. What do you think?
Lebanesesoul Lebanesesoul 22-25, F 8 Answers Apr 6 in Doing Good

I think it's a nice gesture. I have supported my mother financially and probably ended up spending a lot more than a months salary. Then again there are people who wouldn't spend a dime on their parents.

Best Answer

If she wanted to do that, and if she could afford it, good for both of them.

Best Answer

I think it is a wonderful sentiment and a beautiful act of love and devotion to one's mother.

Best Answer

I think so too but I was like a little shocked. It was insane in a good way

Best Answer

Buying over-priced stones? Jesus Christ, how horrifying. I bet it even doesn't have Resist All.

Best Answer

thats true love!

Best Answer

I think, it really depends on her real motivation for doing so.<br />
If she, in her heart of hearts, did it so when her mom looks at the ring she thinks of her and what a wonderful thing she did, then I do not agree. If she bought it for her mom only because she loves her mom and wants to buy it for her just because she knows her mom would love it, then that is a different thing.

Best Answer

i think it's stupid. if her mom truly loved her (which is a whole other conversation) she wouldn't need to be thanked in any way. if she doesn't, then buying an overpriced rock and putting herself in debt will not buy the love she seeks. either way it's a stupid, stupid thing to do.

Best Answer

Buy the love she seeks???? Wtf wow! It was simply a gesture of gratitude. I know her mom. She is a great woman and their relationship is amazing. Their love for each other is unquestionable. Don't even try to get into that. But it's your right to think it was stupid, just don't question their love

Best Answer

if you say so

Best Answer