Chuckle and tell her that you only write when you are inspired and that you can't just turn that on and off. I've been asked to do artsy things for people now and then. Sometimes I will, but I've learned that it's not a good position to be in. Then you feel obligated somehow, even though people generally aren't offering to pay you. And art is something that you usually do because you love it, and because there's something in your head that incites it to happen. Tell her that songwriting is like writing a poem. It either flows naturally, or it isn't worth writing down.

Best Answer

well tell her i cant im not a song machine its easyer than havein to write a song

Best Answer

Explain to her about "artistic inspiration". It needs to come from inside you, not something assigned to you. An artist works from the passions honed into by them and that's the only way it works. She'll understand if she's reasonable. If not, well, C'est La Vie!

Best Answer

Songwriters usually write about things that have inspired them, hurt them, or moved them...I don't know that you can just sit and write a song about someone like johnny on the spot. Just wait for this friend to cross your mind...don't try to sit with a plan on writing about them. When the time is right it will happen.

Best Answer

Then decline her offer.

Best Answer

OH IP aint notin why we just have it popin in our head by the second.!!!If someone tiled her bathroom she would shite brick over the bill and pay it but an artist jumps hoops by simple request?Write a song about the last big job she had done like Ode to New Gutters(and bill to follow)

Best Answer

THANKS!! ❤

Best Answer