Bad or good idea? Why?
AliceThroughTheLookingGlass AliceThroughTheLookingGlass 31-35, F 14 Answers Jul 20, 2012

Do you live in fear Alice? Your question, your responses. What's it like living like that? Pessimistic, negative.

Ok let's go down that track... What information is on the chip? Name and address?

So an adult ( probably male) low paid job, so low IQ , low self esteem, no social skills etc, will be monitoring your kids?

Or the other way to look at it.

Most ********* rings that work around the world are very sophisticated and run by clever rich people who know their way around the electronic world.

Or putting it simple.

Who watches the watchers.

Best Answer

I don't live in fear nor am I pessimistic or negative. However, when it comes to children, I would like to do everything possible to ensure their safety. Preserve their innocence. I believe that's it my and every adults duty and responsibly to do so. Know the saying "It takes a village to raise a child."?
If I design the chip: It would only be design for sending the location of the child to a computer. Store name and birth date. Maybe the SSN.
Here's my question to you: Why do you naturally assume someone has to monitor the children? Why can't the GPS chip be installed, and the information send directly to the parents computer or where ever they wish? The chip is meant to track their whereabouts. It would be used by the parents in emergency situation or whenever they deem necessary. On the walk to school, a bike ride, do they go to library or a party situations.

Best Answer

And we are assuming all parents are caring and nurturing?
What's the point if it's not monitored?
A system like you propose is open to abuse and let's not go down the ethics track if doing non elective surgery on children to implant a device.

Best Answer

Probably wouldn't be a good idea, since I never said it would be mandatory. I believe parents should have the right to have it installed on their kids if they so wish. I know a mom that has a tracking device that is connected to magnetic chips that could be placed on clothes and in hair. It beeped in proximity to the magnetic chips. She used it for her 3-kids when they go to large functions with a lot of people, just for safety. My concept is hardly much different.

Best Answer

Yeah, and I feel the next one coming as well, have all husbands GPS chipped.

Best Answer

Best Answer

Great idea of course.Let's catch all the pedophiles we can.

Best Answer

I'm, how logical is that? How does micro- chipping kids catch pedo's?

Best Answer

when a child goes missing we can tract the ********* that took the child of course.No different than a chip put in cars to catch car thieves.

Best Answer

Lol. If we know that all kids are micro- chipped wouldnt the pedo also know and he would nullify that part.

Best Answer

but it would stop them from even thinking about so more reason to do it!I say we do all we can to catch pedophiles!Low life losers.Can't stand even one of them getting away w/their disgusting acts!

Best Answer

Ok everyone ... I am a member of the IEEE.

First if the chip is active the poor kid will require a one time battery the size of a car in order to transmit a signal. Or they will have to be hooked up to a power source, or You see where I am going with this ??

If it is the same as what we chip with dogs then once the dead child is found we can iD them ... this is not much help for the child.

I would say that when a child molester (under 10) is caught we simply execute them.

Dusty Cook

Best Answer

Slippery slope. Allowing the powers that be the opportunity to track anyone/everyone up until 18, will only serve to encourage them to make it "everyone, from birth until death". Your own comment that the government already tracks "most of us" as justification for doing it to all kids shows that you've already slid down that slope.

Best Answer

I haven't slid down anything yet. Lets be honest with each other....Cell phones, laptops, GPS devices are already pinged and tracked. Its not justification, its the truth. I don't see why this is a horrible idea for children, if we can trust the government. Don't you think the good would out weigh the bad? This is what is happening in my state. http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Authorities-Missing-Girls-Abducted-163227316.html If those girl had GPS chips they would have been found already.

Best Answer

The old "think of the children" argument... While I have empathy to the parents of those girls - I know how I would feel if one of my own children were lost - the reality is, the US has become a police state. It can get worse. I see no reason to allow it.
"1984? Yeah right, man. That's a typo. Orwell is here now."

Best Answer

wtf :o why not try it on you first and see how well it can work..why do people always run away from responsabilities and victimise children and take advantage of their innocence

Best Answer

Wouldn't bother me, my dog has one. But I am responisble, she always on a leash. I got one because I was afraid someone my try stealing her.
Now think of pedophiles, how many children are abducted every year? Killed, raped, never to be seen again! Those are the people stealing children innocence!

Best Answer

do animals need a microchip implant to bring up their offsprings...we humans are just a total failure and most actions we take only confirms this..may God have mercy on us!

Best Answer

Microchip the pedo's then

Best Answer

How does micro-chipping a child stop a pedo?

Best Answer

What does a microchip had anything to do with raising a child?
Do animals have to work all the time to pay the bills? We as humans do, and we can't be around our children all the time.
If microchips can help stop this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYV8kZoeLHY
or This: http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Authorities-Missing-Girls-Abducted-163227316.html
Wouldn't that be a good thing?

Best Answer

Creepy, its like you are not allowed privacy

Best Answer

Kids shouldn't be allowed privacy! :)

Best Answer

Um, yea, they should

Best Answer

Just the thought of this induces extreme anger, no one and I mean no one has the right to have control like that. I'd rather f****** die! I am far too maverick to even accept that s***, I'll take off in the wilderness before they come knocking on my door.

Best Answer

I think it should be up to the parents if they want it installed on their kids.

Best Answer

you honestly think that if the government can get this passed they will allow peopel to ever remove them?

Best Answer

I think the government already tracks most of us, with our car gps and cell phones.

Best Answer