Because they monopolize the shaving market, they like to pad their pockets, and consumers are willing to get ripped-off. Check out Dorcousa.com for a superior and much less expensive alternative.

Best Answer

Because we can't afford permanent hair removal.

Best Answer

Shareholders in Gilette Holdings have to make their PROFIT.......dont be silly.<br />
It makes sense to work for nearly 1 hour to BUY a pack of razors,.

Best Answer

It's crazy eh..but they do the job..

Best Answer

Get a decent electric razor. I dare say they are shite , but they work out cheaper...

Best Answer

not as close as a wet shave

Best Answer

I only use one if I'm off out &amp; I don't mean work

Best Answer

The materials costs says nothing about the cost od r&d and the cost of production equipment and the distribution costs. <br />
In the case of gillette i believe they sell their high quality razors at a loss then make up for it with tge blades...and people buy them.

Best Answer

Because factories and warehouses aren't cheap and somebody has to pay the workers who pack everything into the packaging which then has to all be boxed up and driven in 100s of lorries all over the world. I actually got my razor with 6 blades from B&M bargains for £1.99 and I can't see any difference in the results.

Best Answer

the mark up is very high i think they could shave the price down a bit

Best Answer

I KNOW!!!!! i dont know why its soo expensive. The alternative cheap razors are too shi* so I need to buy these. The Wilkinsons razors are the priciest tho. 4 blades. Its over 20 quid. I dont know who the fuc* comes up with these prices.

Best Answer

you will not see buy one get one free or see them on offer in the shops

Best Answer

Cheaper to just buy a new razor (8.99 or less on sale)

Best Answer

with one blade

Best Answer