He is poor. He has no money. He can't take you out for dinner or a movie. So, he comes up with the idea to stroll through a forest preserve to see the fall leaves. What would you think of that? Ladies?
Sparrowhawk1161 Sparrowhawk1161 51-55, M 19 Answers Nov 8, 2012 in Romance & True Love

I think it sounds romantic...

Best Answer

Personally, I would love something like that! And if you want a meal, just pack some sandwich materials for a picnic.

Best Answer

Sure, that'd be romantic! Maybe pack a light snack to share too, doesn't have to be anything fancy. Candy or something.

Best Answer

He's poor, has no money= he probably doesn't have much to lose which means I'm not walking in no ones forest preserve with someone I barely know.

Best Answer

Ahh because love is about money...right. Why do you go on a date period if you won't do something with someone you lack any knowledge about? It doesn't mean he's poor. Your statement is so ignorant it's pathetic.

Best Answer

Ok

Best Answer

First of all in the question it already says he is poor and doesn't have any money. So excuse me for not wanting to walk in a forest with someone I hardly know.

Best Answer

How about a nice walk in a public park?...

Best Answer

Nope, if I'm bringing certain things to the table I expect a man to do the same period. It would be different if we were already together and he fell on hard times but to come straight out of the gate like that is a no-no to me.

Best Answer

So, what you are saying is you value financial security? "Table," meaning finances. Right?
Actually, I don't see anything wrong with that. Truely. Many people want financial security. Especially in this day and age...
I was thinking that the normal "date seen" might be something that we can get tired of. Dinner and a movie... even if it expensive! Sometimes, just something more basic might appeal to a girl even more. Yet, I can understand if a woman likes the classic seen, too. It is romantic and has a special place in romance...
I respect a woman who looks for financial stability. I see nothing wrong with that... actually... only some of us in this day and economy are different.
Plus guys can see the date and the movie as something girls look for more than the person he is... just out to have a good time.
But, I think you are talking about security. You would like to know who you are dating and how he could provide for you and a family before taking a stroll in a forest preserve. Am I right?

Best Answer

Yes financial security is extremely important amongst other things I want in a man. Who said anything about dinner and movie?We could play laser tag, go bowling, go to the zoo, and several other things than the typical dinner and a movie.

Best Answer

Thank you! Now I understand. There are many things that a woman looks for in a man... and understanding them helps understand the woman. Each woman is unique which not only defines her, but creates ambiance. And, in the man himself, you are looking for certain things, like financial security and other things that are important to you. I am putting it down so others can understand to. The question was meant so others can understand others better...
But, as far as lazer tag goes..? I got Yah! What? She 's coming after me... hide! Woman with lazer gun! Better run!

Best Answer

I love that. One of my favourite dates was going to a playground late at night; after all the kids had gone home; and just playing on all the playground equipment and having a great time together. Cost=$0.00. Fun was worth the world.

Best Answer

No. A first date is essentially a meeting between strangers. It should be somewhere public with other people around.

Best Answer

They proabably new each other by sight. Had time to see each other... Get a feel for each other. The guy got enough nerve to ask her out...

Best Answer

He( or she) could still be a axe murderer. There was a guy at a college in Nebraska just recently taking girls down by the river on "dates." He was convicted of raping a few of them..and one they never even found her body......so there's not much they could charge him of on her. He's the only one who knows how that "date" ended. Best to go somewhere out in the open to get to know each other.

Best Answer

A walk in a public place.. any where that a public place is where other people are around. Then, you can watch him and make sure he is non-threatening...

Best Answer

Yep....just putting it out there because kids don't think. They think the people they meet are nice non-psychos like themselves.

Best Answer

I am a father myself. It is so important to teach our children what to do in those situations. Where to go when they are lost, what to look for... the signs of a potential hazard. There is nothing worse than a child getting hurt!! To me, children are gifts to their parents. We get to teach them how to become strong adults. It's an awesome, but beautiful responsibility to help a child to become strong and emotionally competant adults... and to me... is the most beautiful thing in the world. Just to do that...

Best Answer

Ahhhhhh...a serial killer's dream date indeed

Best Answer

EXACTLY!!

Best Answer

Yeh. He is from the ex-files! "Hello little girl, would you like to go for a walk?" Half way through the walk his ears start pointing and suddenly his pale goey fangs try to bite her neck...
She admonishs him...
"Hey, stop that! I told you if you do that again, the next time we go for a walk, I'LL bite you!"
She opens her mouth! Her pale fangs grow into razer sharp incizors and they decide to hunt for unsuspecting humans for blood...
Soiunds like a great date!

Best Answer

I think I am getting very sorry I even made up this question... I didn't realise that it would be like this... Something built upon beatuy and all it gets is horror... SInce I am poor... I don't think I will ask any girl out now...

Best Answer

and a picnic to top it off would be excellent

Best Answer

Sounds wonderful.

Best Answer

well for me it would, i dont care if hes poor or rich as long as he loves me

Best Answer

That'd be perfect, nobody else around, nice and quiet, it'd be a nice way to get to know one another without distractions.

Best Answer

Yes...I'd love that

Best Answer

Would love it, love walking, love nature and shows he put some thought into it.

Best Answer