theTheodore theTheodore 18-21, M 81 Answers Aug 8, 2012 in Hobbies

I'm ashamed to say, I cringe. Years ago, some came to my house and tried to give me some pamphlets. I politely told them that I was a Catholic and really did not have the time to visit with them. They left. When I was about to leave my house, I found a pamphlet on my windshield with the title "10 things wrong with being Catholic". I respect their faith, they should respect mine.

Best Answer

They most certainly do. They are very pushy. I had a similar experience and they were surrounding me at a bus terminal and wouldn't let me pass.

Best Answer

I engage them, either at my door or on the street. I have found that they are polite, well-meaning and, in most cases, open to discussion.

Best Answer

that is good to hear.

Best Answer

NO. If one comes to my door with the "no soliciting" sign they will be met by a large naked man drinking a beer.

Best Answer

Slowly start walking faster until we're both sprinting through the store.

Best Answer

I'd run, I'd run so far away. (though I do this for most strangers anyway) but still...

Best Answer

I smile, they're nice people

Best Answer

I back away. I respect other peoples views and opinions but I do not appreciate being force fed views I don't necessarily agree with.

Best Answer

I say no thank you and walk away.

Best Answer

Look really enthusiastic, wide eyed and smiling, then say something lengthy in Gaelic and if they respond with nothing more than a distant idiot-like smile. Wave at them, happily and walk away.

Best Answer

Lets chat, I can out argue you.

Best Answer

I don't answer the door. or if they catch me off guard i just say sorry, no thank you.

Best Answer

Pray to God they do not talk to me.<br />
Hmmmm ....guess he got what he wanted.

Best Answer

..i immediately attempt to convert them to satanism.

Best Answer

******* is it too late to change directions? is it too late to turn around? Yep too late they're coming towards me, ****.

Best Answer

Did their mother iron those shirts??

Best Answer

Run or say "no that's okay, have a good day"

Best Answer

If I'm home, I answer the door in the nude. That has historically been very effective to truncate the exchange. On the street, I'd probably move swiftly in a direction away from the JWs.

Best Answer

Invite them in, and then give them the questions that always make them go back to their elders for answers. I figure if you are going to have faith, it should be strong enough to withstand me shaking your tree.

Best Answer

An interesting response to my admission of something I've done on many occasions. Just curious, but what exactly am I lying about?

Best Answer

I tell them i am agnostic and i am not interested in any discussion they hope to offer

Best Answer

Let them in for a study. I love to apply what we lern.

Best Answer