Afriend goes to a women's clinic for a procedure...returns home and is called by the director of the clinic the following morning-to be told something terrible happened during her procedure-A mistake was made- the instruments used were clean but not sterilized so the possiblity of her contract a number of diseases...is there! Does she have a case against the clinic and who should she call for accurate help!
nethingunderdasun nethingunderdasun 41-45, F 7 Answers Nov 19, 2012 in Women's Health

I worked on a case in Massachusetts a few years back wherein a piece of gauze was left inside of the body after the incision was made. It was stitched back up, leaving the gauze inside. The woman developed severe infections, almost killing her. We sued everyone who had deep pockets, the doctors, the hospitals, the visiting nurses association...<br />
But to answer your question, it could be anyone specializing in medical malpractice (which I recommend) or a personal injury attorney. If you find an attorney, I would highly recommend contacting the local BBO (Board of Bar Overseers) in your area and checking out their credentials.....

Best Answer

thank you so much

Best Answer

A malpractice attorney...

Best Answer

There are attorneys who specialize in medical malpractice. Your friend should document EVERYTHING and contact the law society to get a referral to an appropriate attorney. Don't go with some shyster on television ads.

Best Answer

I can imagine the fear she's going through! I hope she'll be alright!<br />
Look for an attorney that has also studied medicine. They're harder to find, but they're out there, and they WILL advertise that they've studied medicine.<br />
Ask for credentials.

Best Answer

she has two small children one attorney said ''yeah if you get sick we can sue but if not then we dont have anything''...i think thats bull...

Best Answer

I don't know the law, but I agree.
The emotional stress, should be a reason....but if she sues then settles and something comes up later, she most likely can't sue.
I'm really surprised they admitted their mistake....then again, maybe they knew you couldn't sue.
So....if they KNOW that, then why bother with proper procedure?
I hope you find someone that will help your friend!

Best Answer

"If something comes up later"...that's all part of the settlement plan...

Best Answer

I hope she nails them right between the eyes.
I'm sick of people slacking off on their jobs, especially when it can make someone sick, or worse, kill them.

Best Answer

thank you and agreed- life is too short already then incompetent people were born

Best Answer

She will only have a case if she actually contracted an illness. She should get tested and then look in her area for personal injury or medical malpractice attorneys. Most attorneys who work with personal injury will also handle med mal cases.<br />
You can usually look on the internet to find attorneys in your area with the specialty you are looking for.

Best Answer