Yes we have gone too far as a society. I think the pressure from outside the family (Social Services {CPS}, meddling neighbors and others is negatively influencing parents. Rather than raise their children with wonder at the world, they have to raise them wondering who is looking over their shoulder.

Best Answer

Yup

Best Answer

Really? The only times my kids come inside is when they are hungry or it's too dark to see outside anymore!

Best Answer

sounds like when I was a kid

Best Answer

Good for you and the kids.

Best Answer

Yep, they have gone too far. There's an idea that parents should be able to see their kids at all times and it limits what parents and kids can do because its like they're handcuffed to each other. The kid has to go everywhere with the parent when the parent needs to go somewhere, and the parent has to go along with the child whenever the child wants to go somewhere to play. It wastes time for the both of them and doesn't allow the child to learn independence. The kid just ends up stuck on the computer or tablet because the parent needs them to stay put so that they can work and do chores. Its not fair for anyone.

Best Answer

I went outside with mine. Let them enjoy the outdoors.

Best Answer

In today world , no.

Best Answer

Depends where you live

Best Answer

Most of the toys are in the house. And parents are afraid their kids are gonna get into trouble hanging with other kids. Peer pressure and gangs are a real threat in many areas of the USA, even where I live which is considered one of the best smaller cities to live in.

Best Answer

Yes!

Best Answer

By the time my son was 13 he knew how to travel by boat, plane, and train. I tried to give him lots of independence balanced with safety. He is a confident, independent, and resourceful 17 year old now.

Best Answer

Sounds like getting about on his own built his confidence

Best Answer