Allbert Allbert 46-50, M 12 Answers Apr 16 in Parenting & Family

Yes we have gone too far as a society. I think the pressure from outside the family (Social Services {CPS}, meddling neighbors and others is negatively influencing parents. Rather than raise their children with wonder at the world, they have to raise them wondering who is looking over their shoulder.

Best Answer

Yup

Best Answer

Really? The only times my kids come inside is when they are hungry or it's too dark to see outside anymore!

Best Answer

sounds like when I was a kid

Best Answer

Good for you and the kids.

Best Answer

I think outside play should happen, but (especially if it's a harsher neighborhood, but even in a safe neighborhood depending on the child's age) with supervision. Of course that depends a lot on the neighborhood and the child. Some are old enough to understand how to be safe (don't run into traffic, don't take candy from the creep in the white van, etc.) but some aren't old enough.

Best Answer

I went outside with mine. Let them enjoy the outdoors.

Best Answer

Yep. One day their kids will be fat.

Best Answer

In today world , no.

Best Answer

Depends where you live

Best Answer

Most of the toys are in the house. And parents are afraid their kids are gonna get into trouble hanging with other kids. Peer pressure and gangs are a real threat in many areas of the USA, even where I live which is considered one of the best smaller cities to live in.

Best Answer

Yes!

Best Answer

By the time my son was 13 he knew how to travel by boat, plane, and train. I tried to give him lots of independence balanced with safety. He is a confident, independent, and resourceful 17 year old now.

Best Answer

Sounds like getting about on his own built his confidence

Best Answer

Yes

Best Answer