I happen to agree with this. Reminds me of what my Grandma said was the difference between a hobo and a bum. A hobo will work and is willing to work hard for a meal. A bum won't work and always has his hand out and an excuse ready.

Best Answer

Lucky me I was born a woman. I don't work and still get to eat.

Best Answer

lol!

Best Answer

That sounds like what was said back in my grandmother's day, and on paper it's an admirable premise; collect cans, work at McDonald's, sweep streets, etc. But if no one's hiring, cans and street sweeping can't earn you a living wage, everything's going up, are you supposed to starve ??

Best Answer

To a point. Years ago, you could hunt, work your farm, all contribute, and make a living. In today's societies, some people simply cannot get work. They aren't the well-educated, talented people, so they sometimes can't find a job to work. Without money you die. Is that what you want?

Best Answer

see I never stated what kind of line of work.. I get what she meant.. but .. I agree with it in a sense that.. don't sit on your @ss.. at least be productive.. show that you're trying. and nooo. I would never let someone starve :l

Best Answer

In that spirit, yes I agree.

Best Answer

If you are asking if I think that is true, then no, that is demonstrably false. If you are asking if I think that that would be a moral or just standard, then the answer is still "no."

Best Answer

lol. ... I have hard time clarifying myself.

Best Answer

to an extent I mean, everybody needs a little help sometimes. it's another thing if a man with no ambition at all thinks he's entitled to a handout.

Best Answer