I've been watching way too much Smallville, but there is an incident in which Lex Luthor fakes a pregnancy on his then girlfriend Lana Lang to force her into marriage. Granted, Smallville is fiction(but still awesome!!), I've only really heard of some women in the media who get pregnant or fake a pregnancy to force a man into marriage. But a man who forces a woman into marriage by faking her pregnancy? How often does that happen? Btw, this question is all out of the curiosity of my racing mind....
minichu minichu 18-21, F 9 Answers May 21, 2012

It's a TV show! I'm 48 and have NEVER known of anyone in that situation. I've never even HEARD of anyone in that situation before. Seriously... the pregnancy (as the first respondent said) can only be faked on a normal, healthy female for two or three weeks. Then her period shows up.

Best Answer

A man can hardly make a woman believe a fake pregnancy - she'll still be the one having menses.

Best Answer

According to what happened on Smallville, basically Lex ordered a doctor to pump her full of synthetic hormones and faked sonograms images to make her believe she was pregnant. I guess slip something in her drink, cause her to faint, take her to a doctor who gives her a shot saying, "just in case" or diagnoses something wrong. Vitamins are usually the number one faker to use an excuse.

Best Answer

In Smallville people fly - can you fly? In RL any doctor would have to have a gun to his head to commit such malpractice. The answer saying Smallville is a microcosm of the real world demonstrates both of you watch too much TV. I can say that because I watch it at least 8 hours every day. :)

Best Answer

An ex-friend of my wife is dealing with this now. April of last year, my wife and his fiance of only 1 month (that's how long he'd been dating her) each took pregnancy tests. Hers came out negative, as did two previous test, including one done at the hospital just days before. My wife's came out positive, confirming what we had suspected two days before.<br />
We got suspicious right away when she allowed three kids (our son, who was only 1 at the time, her two year old son, and his 2 year old daughter) jump on top of her. Then it was her going through heat flashes that "came out of nowhere". The final straw was when we decided not to cater to her after figuring out that she was never pregnant.<br />
The next day, my wife came across a racist and degrading post from this girl on her Facebook wall, which included accusing us of doing to our child what she was doing to hers, calling me the N-word (I'm black, my wife is white), and calling her an unfit mother. And he supported every single word she said, including the N-word, something that ironically enough, he couldn't stand being called by other white people the week before. All of this was followed by a call from CPS. Fortunately, because my wife knew who made the call, and explained that they called simply out of spite, they never came out.<br />
The last I remember, they had broken up, only to get back together again, and supposedly, she's pregnant again. And to think, this guy was willing to allow friendships with people he'd known all his life, my wife included, be destroyed by one conniving, gold digging, two faced, double dealing, slutty little fat *** *****. Normally, I would never call a female that term, but when any female betrays me and those who I care about like this girl did, I'll make an exception.

Best Answer

I misread the question, but knowing that it's normally the other way around, I'll leave this post here.

Best Answer

yeah that can happen, because if you get someone who's vulnerable pregnant they'll feel obligated to marry you. it could be someone who would feel to embarrassed or ashamed to tell her family or others that she's pregnant but not with the guy, or not going to marry the guy, or someone who already struggles a lot financially, so they'll need you for money, or someone who lives in YOUR house, and they have no one who they can live with if they need it.

Best Answer

um, my cousin got pregnant to "keep" her man, but didnt turn out as planned. i got pregnant and got asked to be married but i said im not gonna get married just because im pregnant, i want to get married because you want to be with me forever! :p the plan is to get married--- soon, but no date or any plans but were both fine with it because we are still together :D

Best Answer

yay

Best Answer

I think that is true committed love. A person shouldn't stay with another person just because of a pregnancy. Granted there is a child involved now, but staying together for reasons other than pregnancy is something that just ties the bond. I am happy that you told your bf that.

Best Answer

yeah he really wanted to get married, he still does, he wants a huge wedding and id just rather get married in court lol its kinda backwards we really matured since then, i think our families are waiting for us to get married.

Best Answer

I think your story is unique and is real love. I've been seeing all these FB "inspirationalizers", or so I call them and one of the pictures I keep seeing over and over again is this guy and girl together pregnant and the captions say, "Like if you like a guy who will stay with you no matter what". I just look at that and think, "So you want a guy who will stay with you and possibly marry you just because you got pregnant?". No. I believe that a man should stay with a woman he loves regardless of pregnancy or not. The time for marriage should come when he is ready to commit. NOT because he accidentally caused a pregnancy. Cute story, but I prefer yours of true love and commitment better :)

Best Answer

thanks :) makes me feel good about my relationship :)

Best Answer

smallville is basically a microcosm of the real world, so basically it happens all the time.

Best Answer

I"m lost. How can a man fake a woman's pregnancy?

Best Answer