The soldier would have to be diagnosed by a military psychiatrist. (There is nothing called "split-personality." There is a mental disorder called Dissociative Identity Disorder) After a proper diagnosis by a military doctor it is most likely he would be honorably discharged due to his mental disability. At worst it would be a general discharge, but I highly doubt that would be the case. It is very unlikely that this would be labeled as a disability that occurred due to his military enlistment. As such, I am not sure he would be eligible for Veterans Administration benefits. That would also be determined by the military. I may be wrong about his ability to receive monthly VA disability pay. If he does get a monthly check he would also be eligible to receive medical treatment for his mental condition. They may include PTSD in his diagnosis and if so that might make him eligible for VA benefits. All that is determined during the process of his discharge.

Best Answer

I don't know what today's U.S Marine Corps are like, but in my day, if you didn't have a split personality when you went in, they made sure to give you one.

Best Answer

Sounds like a medical discharge to me.

Best Answer

He should see the military doctor and be evaluated. Otherwise, if he doesn't and ends up getting into a fight and hurting someone, he could get a Bad Conduct discharge. If he's diagnosed as a split, he could get either a medical (no harm, no foul) discharge or a general discharge (which means, "We're parting ways for the good of the soldier and the Corps"). A general discharge is not the same as an Honorable Discharge, but it's not as bad as a Bad Conduct/Dishonorable discharge.

Best Answer

what if this guy snaps and hurts alot of people??i would hope he'd be honest and take the discharge than hide it is he not on meds or seeing a doctor??

Best Answer