forsakentruth forsakentruth 31-35, M 12 Answers Apr 30, 2011

I think Fundamentalists who fail to look at documents in their historical context and treat them as holy writ is dangerous too. What seemed like a reasonable solution to a problem in the 18th century does not necessarily fly today. You have to remember the constitution of the USA was written during a time of great paranoia about the British Empire eventually coming back to finish the job and reconquer America. It made sense in its historical context but in many ways is very outdated and has no current relevance and yet like the Bible so many people seem to regard it as something almost magical like it's authors were gods and not men. A constitution of a nation should be something that grows and changes with the nation not something revered as a sacred ob<x>ject. Most Americans don't even know that they went through several different versions before the one that is best known today was decided on. <br />
There may be many problems with the current USA government but the solution is not at the end of a musket. Get creative and find a 21st century solution instead of thinking in terms of the 18th century mindset.<br />
If you truly believe that how do you justify jumping to the option that involves bloodshed instead of trying to find a peaceful solution? Is instigating bloodshed without considering other options moral?

Best Answer

this is the problem with liberal thinking. morals and ideals never become outdated. the Constitution was written with safeguards to protect the people of the nation from exactly our government has become. and more so protect the people when they become as we have, self centered, lazy, having an entitlement mentality and no self discipline to live by a strict set of morals and values but rather go with whatever the government says is politically correct. it was expected to see the remark about the bible but this is your right to do so... something not given as a privilege by the government that can be taken away but forever protected in a document that is the supreme law of the land even over the government. **** I simply asked how much more corruption do we allow, how much more liberty do we allow to be taken. I see what is being done to our nation nothing short of open warfare, I would love to see the people rise up and say enough and it wouldn't have to be by force of arms to make my day, I think this in last resort terms only but when it becomes a last resort it is already too late, for the hearts of the people should have stood up long ago but we have been conditioned by our tv sets to be self centered and dependant upon our government to write laws on paper to subjegate us instead of having self control, and self respect and writing those laws upon our hearts that we not need a government that has more employees than any other american corperation. but Christian morals we are told are bigoted and intolerant to others so we cant live by the 10 commandments anymore or heaven forbid someone calls us a name. truthfully I do not see the day we ever restore liberty to the nation, because we can't even restore it to ourselves

Best Answer

Yep, it is in the Constitution about redress. But I see a major obstacle being many people are too lazy to get up off their fat axis to be concerned. New World Order? North American Union? Hmmm....

Best Answer

Constitutionalists, the other nutjobs.

Best Answer

ah another liberal with a tv degree 50 years of political propaganda exposure, and this is all you can say. why not argue in detail why you are opposed to this and in detail hand me a better solution. to seriously think that I would take up arms and go to war with the government to restore a constitution no one wants anymore. I will not lift a finger to help any of you when the blue helmets are all over the nation and we are no longer free.

Best Answer

mmm scary civil war

Best Answer

scarry? i am excited and optimistic of the prospect of returning to a true republic

Best Answer

none! start cleaning your guns gentlemen..

Best Answer

What about calling for a vote of "No Confidence" in our "do nothing" Congress that is supported by an overwhelming amount of signatures of our citizens and forcing the impeachment of our current Congress?

Best Answer

take up arms and stoop to their level, be careful looking into corruption because corruption is looking into you....taking up arms has not helped just added to the problem. We need to get political and go in at that level to take the dishonesty out

Best Answer

I'm with you. But we have to get rid of these Republicans the legal way. Vote 'em out! Vote 'em out in the States where they're trying to steal our rights and give money to Robber Barons!

Best Answer

get rid of all political parties and only allow for those who will serve under the constitution. this should be our political party. anything outside of the constitution or at odds with it is un lawful, un constitutional.

Best Answer

not arms,drones...

Best Answer

you think!!!!????

Best Answer