effect him the rest of his life?
deepscar deepscar 46-50, F 8 Answers Mar 28 in Community

It depends on his mentality. Some become perpetrators of the same crime they were subjected too (in some form or fashion). Some become withdrawn, shutting out any and everything. This person is also dangerous because in time they will explode. Some stay the victim seeking out the situation/people that will put them back in that position. &lt;----this one is called "Learned helplessness". <br />
A very rare small select few learn from there mistakes, see what actions put them there, correct those behaviors and move one to a healthy happy life. Inform this "friend of a friend" to be prepared it's going to be a long journey as he tries to piece his life and himself back together.

Best Answer

It'll give him an incentive not to go back.

Best Answer

Strangely enough, today I read a report about a detention centre where, during the 70s and 80s, the inmates were systematically raped by a lot of the staff. Even now some of the men cannot work and won't leave the house. What is worse is that they weren't believed when they were released and went to the police. The world is insane.

Best Answer

The world is indeed insane; it's not the same, but years ago, they put mentally ill patients in homes and locked them away from the public, and they were also abused and neglected and sometimes raped and starved and deprived of any human rights. I don't think rape, even if you are a prisoner, is any more accepted behind bars, and I don't think that it should be something people don't want to talk about either. Prison and jails need serious reforms; guards are corrupt, too. When are people going to care about these inmates? It's really pathetic the lack of compassion. Rape is still rape! It's still a vile disgusting crime!

Best Answer

No idea , scared probably . My dad is locked up , nothing ever happened to him

Best Answer

He either liked it,or he will keep himself out of trouble from now on.

Best Answer

I don't care. Perhaps he will pass the information onto his male counterparts about the horrors of rape

Best Answer

he wont commit any more crimes

Best Answer