I have been asked out by a man who is a lot shorter than me, he is 5'5 and I am 5'11. We have talked only so far and he seems like a really great guy but I don't know if it would work with him being so much shorter than me. I like all people no matter their shape or size but I am more attracted to a dominant alpha male type, yet he holds some of the dominant traits. Men go out with shorter woman all the time and it is accepted but when a woman goes out with a shorter man it's unnatural. So my question to you is...would or should the height of a man play a role when choosing to start a long term relationship and would you do it?
abluerose abluerose 41-45, F 8 Answers May 9 in Dating & Relationships

love conquers all :) you never know what happens give it a chance

Best Answer

Personally, for me, it would. I understand what you're talking about--the dominate stereotypical traits in a man usually include him "towering" over the woman. It's sexy. But if a guy is short, it tends to make him unattractive in a way. <br />
I could only date a guy an inch or two shorter than me (I'm 5'3-5'5). So.... :)

Best Answer

The only person whose opinion should matter is yours. Does his height hinder in your attraction for him? No? Go for it. If it does, then you know its not for you.

Best Answer

OK both barrels! please don't let your preconceived ideas limit you! he may be a wonderful guy .. just go and have fun and see

Best Answer

Well, I don't see anything wrong with it, I mean, I'm a little taller than my man, but he's ALL man! He's a really great person and I wouldn't let it put me off! I think if you're that uncomfortable with it though, you've got a problem from the start!

Best Answer

Guess, if You are in any relationship and wish to take it to the next level, connect matters more than the height.<br />
Good wishes.

Best Answer

I think height should not be a deciding factor, especially if the guy is a great person. It would be silly to pass off someone who is compatible to you for something as trivial as height, i know from experience because I've dated 2 guys shorter than I, when you like someone it wont matter. My boyfriend now is 6'3 but that is just coincidence, i would date him even if he was short.

Best Answer

Think of Why are you single , What happened to the dominant alpha males from the past ?

Best Answer

I only dated 2 men my whole life. One didn't want marriage and the other one, (dated 10 years) was killed.

Best Answer

Sorry to know that.

Best Answer

Thank you.

Best Answer