I really like the idea of wearing a collar for my Husband, I see it much like a wedding band and it's a visual symbol of the gift of submission I give to him. I was wondering what other peoples perception of such collars is and what experiences you have with wearing them?
RobertaSunset RobertaSunset 36-40, F 15 Answers Aug 2, 2012 in Intimacy

I wish I was a woman's slave. :)

Best Answer

My submissive (who also happens happens to me my wife) begged to be collared after asking me to be more dominant. We have since entered the BDSM scene and I have learned a lot about my natural dominant tendencies. I told her I was ready to own her forever and it made her whole face shine for the first time in many years. I bought her a beautiful silver chained necklace from ShopElegantCollars.com. I had to go through a soul searching process to make sure I was ready to take on this responsibility. She is my little Princess, I am her Big Daddy. I adore her. The silver necklace/collar, attached with a lobster clasp, symbolizes our commitment to serve each other. She wears it 24/7! She had many other necklaces, but will not take it off unless she is going to get wet (take a shower, go swimming, etc.) Her gold jewelry with diamonsds means nothing compared to her collar.

Best Answer

Lovely :o)

Best Answer

I have a pretty choker style necklace that I wear 24/7. Nobody other than a select few know it is more than a necklace. It was given to me by me Husband/Master.

Best Answer

I so agree that a collar is a statement maker for some, but not a necessity in a person's commitment to the lifestyle. There is so much more to it than just a symbol! Still if you find it works for you and your Master then enjoy! I have personally been collared in the past and now have on occasion presented one to a few who I felt earned the right.

Best Answer

She got me a nice gold chain. Looks classy, but makes the statement.

Best Answer

I think it's up to the Dominant whether you get collared or not. That's totally His call, not yours.<br />
Since I'm into BDSM, I'm never fooled by the 'it's a fashion statement' line. If I see someone wearing a collar I know exactly what's up. That's not a bad thing, it's actually really amusing for me. I suppose a few people will just think you're into weird accessories, but I'm sure you'll get a lot of knowing grins as well. Especially with this bloody Shades of Grey fiasco. <br />
I've collared subs for play but not for real. Though I thought about it once or twice.

Best Answer

In public, my submissive is often approached by other women just bubbling over "OMG I LOVE your collar!" I think they admire a woman proud enough to proclaim her submission to the world, and understand and appreciate the strength and commitment that it takes to do so.

Best Answer

Interesting... thanks :o)

Best Answer

Depends on the collar, honestly. If it looks like a dog collar, then it will only really go well with certain outfits in public without raising some questions that you may not want to have to get into. You can get a nice choker that will symbolically represent the same thing, yet be much more subtle in representation so that your vanilla friends and coworkers aren't forced into your personal space involuntarily.

Best Answer

Thankyou:o)

Best Answer

I wasn't aware that there was a committee that decides which desires are okay to have and which aren't. Pull the stick out of your ***, buddy.

Best Answer

I love the velvet collars on the etsy.com website there are some really elegant ones that wouldn't look out of place on an evening out think I'm gonna show them to bf. they come in every colour too could get one for each outfit lol

Best Answer

I have started looking or even discussed it with my Husband yet but if I see anything, I will let you know :o)

Best Answer

Since you asked for my perception, I will give it. A collar is a sign of ownership, it deba<x>ses the human to the position of an animal. It symbolizes lack of ability to reason, as animals cannot reason, which is why we put collars on them, to control them and tell them where to go and what to do. It symbolizes a lack of control over ones impulses, as, again, we generally put collars and leashes on our dogs when we walk them because they can wander off etc,. It means you have no human rights,essentially. You are no better, or worthwhile than a horse, a dog or any other animal we domesticate. You are saying you are no longer able to reason for yourself because you do not have the intellectual capacity to think for yourself and come to conclusions ba<x>sed on your personal thoughts and convictions. You essentially surrender your right to have opinion, as animals and slaves do not have viable opinions, they are subservient in an absolute fashion to their master-- A wedding band, on the other hand, does not symbolize submission. It symbolizes union and equality with someone you love unconditionally. Someone you want to share your life with, experience new things with, discuss choices on an equal intellectual level and make decisions about your future together..together.

Best Answer

oh I soooo have to get back to reply to this when I have a bit more time on my hands to do it justice!

Best Answer

Don't bother. You are invested in it and want to defend your actions. Nothing I say will change your mind, nothing you say will change mine, as I will never find the act of putting a collar on someone for sexual purposes anything but degrading and obscene.

Best Answer

Well actually I asked for the perception of those who are submissives and dominants who have experience with collars... clearly you are neither...

Best Answer

If you're asking about what others think you are either looking for affirmation that what you're doing is ok or you know something is wrong.

Best Answer

Why you are no fun!

Best Answer