If this is true I would not suggest releasing them out into the wild, but raising them to roam freely and treating them kindly and giving them proper care. I'm not even going to start preaching my point of view, but once we've taken the ability for cows to feed themselves away it would be cruel to set them free without knowing if they could survive without getting hiy by cars and starving to death.

Best Answer

Sounds much like a dairy cow living on a farm in my opinion. They get large areas to roam and graze, they get taken care of including shelter and food in bad weather, veterinary care, and all they have to give in return is to be milked every day. I understand the criticisms of battery farming meat+milk machines that exist around the world, but on a regular farm, isn't that now the best possible solution for both us and dairy cows?

Best Answer

Cows are soooooo tastey.

Best Answer

So are humans said the great white.

Best Answer

Well. Personally, I'd rather die out in the woods from lack of survival knowledge than spend my hole life on a factory farm where I'd barely be able to move around and constantly being pumped full of weird ****. Cows shouldn't have been domesticated. It's a horrible shame that they couldnt survive on their own, but I bet you a few would make it, and start a new species: wild cows. Strong, proud, and free!

Best Answer

I believe the industrialisation of domestication was the problem, not domestication itself. At first, domesticating cows, sheep, goats etc. was of a huge benefit to the animals, less of them died from predators (protected by farmer/shepard), get more food and taken care of etc.
Your point is a curious one, that you'd rather die in the woods from lack of survival skills than sit in a factory farm all your life. It sounds very similar to being sat in an office job all your life being pumped full of manipulative media and fast food, when you could be living free in the woods.
I apologise if I appear provocative, just food for thought. Interested to know and understand your point of view.

Best Answer

Well, I agree. I would rather live free in the woods than work in an office. It's my life goal, pretty much. I have the luxury of learning bit by bit at this point. I guess you could call domestication beneficial to other species... if a larger number of them stayed alive. But really I see it as ******* with the natural order of things. What of the predators not having access to their usual food supply?

Best Answer

Is our place in the natural order of things just as a hunter gatherer species and nothing more? No democracy, no law, etc.?
We're the only species who could stop something like another meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs. If we stopped something like that would it justify all out previous animal eating behaviour? Saving the life of almost every animal worldwide.

Best Answer

Hm. Wait, we have meteor-stopping technology? This is news to me!

Best Answer

Next...

Best Answer