Republicans have been introducing laws and changing laws in order to 'secure' the vote, but now it seems they are the ones using these laws and changes to disenfranchise voters and make it more difficult for legal citizens to have their say.
Wanderartist Wanderartist 31-35, M 16 Answers Nov 5, 2012 in Hobbies

There's been reports on both sides. I think straight up fraud will be caught easily. The voter suppression stuff is much harder.

Best Answer

It doesn't surprise me... sure democrats can be rather annoying and idealistic, but most crazy republicans are the fearful ones who look at Obama as akin to the antichrist coming to steal their children so they will stop at nothing...

sorry, hah, I spend last weekend in a swing state and let's just say that having crazy christian republicans at my parents door begging us to vote for "life" while I tried to explain the actual holding in Roe v. Wade and how the subsequent lawsuits made it highly unlikely to be overturned, made me a bit more irritated than usual...

Best Answer

Yeah, and how many Democrats have been caught doing the same exact thing? Give me a f├╝cking break with trying to target one party, one incident, and trying to imply that the party itself and the voters that align with said party are corrupt due to said incident.

Best Answer

Haha, I'd be much more worried about the dead voting in chicago.

Best Answer

careful you are talking about those fine upstanding commies

Best Answer

voter fraud has been rampant for decades

Best Answer

No the vote is not safe the Republican Supreme Court ruled in Bush v. Gore (2000) that the right to vote is not guaranteed by the US Constitution. It's what our founding fathers fought for and the Republicans on the court like Thomas, Scalia, etc. took our rights away. They also made voting machines a proprietary secret, which means you cannot examine them to see if they are rigged because they are owned by a private company. Before Reagan, voting machines were regulated and worked fairly by the government and examiners were from both parties. Now the Republican thieves like Rick Scott can block your vote

Best Answer

You are so full of baloney. "The right to vote is not guaranteed." What a hoot. Want to talk voting machines? Here's what you need to know: The people servicing them fo the national election are all members of the SEIU - got look up who they give their money to.

Best Answer

read that ruling Twyla. also I seriously doubt that Diebold voting machines is serviced by SEIU since the owner of Diebold is a rabid Republican.

Best Answer

Safe as it ever was or is ever going to be. I remember reading in a book written by Groucho Marx stating that his uncles loved their new adoptive country, America. They were very excited to be given the chance to vote as American citizens. They saw it as a privilege they did not have in their home country of Germany in the 1800s. During presidential elections, they would take the day off would travel about New York casting their votes in as many districts as they could. Democracy at work.

Best Answer

I heard that democrats have been caught doing it too.

I think there is going to be fraud on both sides this year, and that's why both sides have hired lawyers to keep an eye on things.

Strange election year.

And part of the problem has been one side persistently twisting and spouting hype to slam the other side....it's all about winning, at whatever cost.

Best Answer

I saw that tape, and I don't remember the name either. There was a story this morning on the radio about some other democrats who were filling in names or something like that. I don't remember the whole thing...but I think this election is so highly contested, and downright dirty, that all sorts of things are going to happen. Like the folks in Florida protesting because they wanted early voting time extended. I think a bit of the weirdness started at the last election, with the Black Panther stuff. Suspicions are up, and so are emotions. Crazy world.

Best Answer

typical Republican bringing up the race card working whites also support the Democrats. Republicans are doing the fraud

Best Answer

I'm not a republican, and you are amazingly silly and overzealous.

Best Answer

Saw some news on this - but haven't heard anywhere this is a republican. Given that thsi is in Clackamas County Oregon, I don't know that I'd jump to any conclusions this is a republican.

Best Answer

The worker was padding the votes of Republican congressmen.

Best Answer

Where are you seeing this? I'm watching the news (and Oregon is local) and not hearing that. they aren't announcing any affiliation - so not saying you're wrong - but haven't heard that at all.

Best Answer

Just heard it on OPB as I live one county over.

Best Answer

hmm. Okay. This kind of crap is a pox on both houses. Right up there with the NAACP takeover of Houston Polling station yesterday. http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2012/11/03/breaking_naacp_takes_over_polling_station_advocates_for_president_obama_at_houston_polling_location If people want to advocate that people corrupting the vote should be given a lethal injection I'd sign up for that law and I don't care which side they are advocating for.

Best Answer

So when can Rick Scott be prepped for his procedure?

Best Answer

For not extending early voting? Give it a break - there's a difference between following laws and breaking them. Yes there are lines at the polls. Have been since the 1800s. GOPers and Dems both stand in them so it's not exactly a partisan thing.

Best Answer

There are 7 hour waits. Scott is abusing his authority and everyone knows it. Even The Guardian thought it was a bit odd. Rick Scott is doing everything he possibly can to deliver Florida for Romney.

Best Answer

Again, both GOP and dem voters stand in lines - and since dems tend not to have jobs if anyone can wait it would be them. I fail to see how asking people to stand in line is a partisan act. (It does tend to stop double voting - so I guess that might be considered anti-democrat - but other than that?)

Best Answer

If you cut the voting hours while turn out is expected to be high in areas that are already under serviced then your actions are going to draw attention. Rick Scott's actions are certainly drawing attention. Asking people to stand in line isn't a partisan act. Cutting the voting hours of people who do not have time to get out and vote thus creating a bottleneck at the poll in hopes of stymying the turn out in order to favor your party is. Scott has been doing everything in his power to decrease Democratic turnout.

Best Answer

If we didn't all know that elections in Florida begin 10 days before an election I might feel like there was more to this. Sorry. I smell smoke and mirrors and - if Obama loses - sour grapes.

Best Answer

As most predict Obama to win I think those sour grapes shall be in the form of a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon as I enjoy Romney's concession speech.

Best Answer

Sorry - if you want to believe polls that oversample dems by 3 to 8 points and magically show Obama ahead by 1, go right ahead. (That's what the news organizations do - it keeps the election interesting.) The impartial polling organizations like Gallup and Rassumussen that have been most successful at predicting elections have this one pretty evenly split and say if there is going to be a last minute landslide it will most certainly go to Romney. I'm not counting on that - but do believe Romney will squeek through.

Best Answer

In order to cobble together enough electoral votes to win Romney has to take most of the swing states. I don't see that happening.

Best Answer

Well, as I said, we'll see. Some polls show Romney winning in Ohio now and he's definitely going to win Florida and North Carolina. Probably Wisconsin and Colorado. I'd say jury is till out in Nevada too. You're an opinion just like mine at this point. The intelligent money is saying "too close to call."

Best Answer

no more or less safe than it ever was. nothing changes.

Best Answer

well... let's be honest, back when the KKK showed up in the South outside polling locations I think "safe" had a much different meaning... so things are "safer" for sure

Best Answer

yes, that is definitely a different kind of safe.

Best Answer