run23456 run23456 46-50, M 3 Answers May 12 in Community

Stop making fun of the French for losing the battle?

Best Answer

I think the one posting it was the racists. Usually the ONLY person in the room who brings up racism---is the racist. The rest of us are just going on with life, but to the racist---it HAS to be brought up.

Best Answer

I don't think that's accurate. Some people are more sensitive to the subject due to past experience which is why they might jump on it more quickly than others.

Best Answer

Which means they are looking for traces of in it in anything. I work with people like that. If someone orders a Black Russian at my bar they are ready to make an issue of it.

Best Answer

It doesn't mean they're "looking" or trying to start an issue. It just means that they are more "sensitive" and would pick up that cue based off of past experiences. It doesn't mean that they're racist at all.

Best Answer

Then why bring it up? If I looked for reasons to bring up baseball-----wouldn't you assume I totally centered on being a baseball fan? I mean if I cued off of everything said to get back into that subject--at some point wouldn't go "OK--we get it--enough is enough. Talk about something else?" And trust me--SOME cue off EVERYTHING said--just to find the racism in it. That is being totally pre-occupied with the subject and that does NO race any good.

Best Answer

LOL. Cinco de Mayo is an American Holiday that uses Mexican stereotypes. I'm assuming that they're not going to adhere to those stereotypes any longer.

Best Answer

What should they do with the Orange County Calif. Greek fest? Would it be smart to get rid of the Greek stereotypes?

Best Answer

....Well, it depends. "Greek" also means frats and sororities.

Best Answer

And the question remains the same.

Best Answer

No. It doesn't. Frats/sororites aren't don't pander to specific races as Cinco de Mayo does. They're not a "race", nor do all of them follow the stereotypes that people hear about.

Best Answer