Is it because you relate that much to the song, or is it the music that makes you lachrymose? For me, its 'The Sound of Silence' by Simon & Garfunkel, both the music and the lyrics.
Darshanik Darshanik 22-25, M 25 Answers Jul 14, 2012

I don't respond very emotionally to most stimuli any more, so I can't remember the last time I cried listening to a song, but here are two of the most despairing and hopeless songs I've ever heard:<br />
The Swans - God Damn the Sun (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQO5C4jXsVk)<br />
Rozz Williams - Flowers (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FbG0idI6xM)<br />
The latter is particularly personal because of the references to "fields of poppies," my own struggles with heroin addiction and the fact that I've lost someone very close to heroin.

Best Answer

Thanks for the links.

Best Answer

Sigor Ros-HoppipĆ³lla<br />
That song makes me ball. Don't know what it is, but its always had that effect on me.

Best Answer

Chasing cars-snow patrol. My ex sent it to me with a note saying this how she always felt and wanted. Broke my wee heart. Still brings the inundation of me watchingglobes. lol

Best Answer

Arlington by Trace Atkins. If this song don't make you tear up, you have no soul inside yourself. If you have never heard it, please listen to it on youtube, and you will see what in mean.<br />
The Little Girl by John Michael Montgomery.

Best Answer

Still gotta be "If i were a carpenter" by the Four Tops.

Best Answer

Christmas shoes, just because it's so sad<br />
And My Heart Will Go On because the first time I heard it and was watching the movie, I had stuff going on in my life and at the time could relate. Now it brings back the memories but it is actually one of my favorite songs.<br />
Over the Rainbow because it was the favorite song of a very close elderly friend of mine and her son sang it at her funeral. I cry every time I hear it.

Best Answer

Call Me When You Are Sober - Evanescence<br />
It reminds me of close friend that shot herself while I was on the phone with her. Was her song, her group

Best Answer

"The End of the Innocence," by Don Henley. Title says it all.

Best Answer

That damn 'Christmas Shoes' song. EVERYTIME. *sniff*

Best Answer

Lots of songs do that, mainly classical pieces. Jupiter, from Holst's "The Planets" does it every time. Sousa marches, patriotic songs. The Stars and Stripes Forever. And, strangely, Mull of Kintyre from Paul McCartney. I guess I just find the range of emotions in Jupiter and the hopefulness of the marches to be inspiring, and I remember playing them in orchestra and they were exhilarating to play. It's probably partially nostalgia for my musical days. Guess I'm a softy.

Best Answer

great gig in the sky, pink floyd, no real lyrics, per say, but says it all

Best Answer

"The Wind Beneath My Wings" and "You Raise Me Up" I always dedicated that to my mother <br />
"The Christmas Shoes" I lived 3 states away from home one year when my mother fell very ill and was placed on life support. I remember sitting at an ATM machine to get cash out to make the trip home when I heard the song. I began to sob uncontrollably. I really didn't know if I was coming home to be able to see her or for a funeral. I'm happy to say that although she stayed in that comma for 3 months she did have a miraculous healing and is still with us today, 13 years later. I'm very close with her and I cherish every day I have with her.

Best Answer

"Daniel" by Elton John and "Luka" by Suzanne Vega. They express experiences that I can relate to.

Best Answer

ahh When you say nothing at all,,a country song,,,and halo by beyonce..

Best Answer

Nothing Else Matters by Metallica, just can't listen to it anymore

Best Answer

Can play that on guitar :P

Best Answer

To Where You Are - Josh Groban......cuz it makes me think of my mother, it was one her favs shortly before she died and the words are so sad.

Best Answer

I am sorry if the 'like' was an inappropriate gesture, I just wanted to acknowledge your response.

Best Answer

Not inappropriate at all...I always see the "like" as an actual "thanks for answering".

Best Answer

:)

Best Answer

Jane Doe by NeverShoutNever the person i fell inlove with use to sing it to me and secondhand serenade fall for you

Best Answer

This song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzeDqRhM09w<br />
Listen to it after you break up with someone with whom you still want to be.

Best Answer