They should NEVER be used<br />
#1 it is something they can coke on!<br />
#2 it makes their teeth come in crooked.<br />
#3 It teaches them that food/milk is used to calm ones self down.

Best Answer

i'm a milk addict. and i still have my binki.

Best Answer

I think when a kid is ready, probably try to get it a little bit before they start school or else they will be in bigger trouble down the line but maybe give them some other comfort item, I know I used to have a toy tiger as a kid and when it was time I just moved my comfort on to it.

Best Answer

i like that idea, i want to say i'm a bit too old for toys, but i know i'm too old for the binki

Best Answer

True and even now when im a complete adult I still have my old teddy in the closet where I can see it and remember the happy young days however i doubt anyone has a binkii in their closet with any memories attached :P

Best Answer

Take away pacifiers.. is like kicking a kid out of the house when they should be out on their own.. like you did.. ( I HOPE)

Best Answer

Good luck with that one. Some kids will actually stash binkis so when you try to take them all away they just have to go get one they hid.

Best Answer

that's what i did and i'm 21 and still need it to sleep, i don't know what to do to get off it in a soothing way, i can't find a good transition to something else. i was off it at 2, but at 8i bought one, just cuz i wanted it but didn't use it. i sucked my thumb instead and at age 13 i started using my binki again b/c i was biting, brusing and making my thumbs bleed in my sleep.

Best Answer

The only thing you can do is form new habits. Force yourself to do different things (which is no easy means and bloody *sucks*), but it's about the only thing you can do.

Best Answer

k.

Best Answer