As long as it is clear from the start. For example, I can think of two male friends of mine with whom I can happily have lunch and there is no doubt at all in both of our minds that it is friendship.
stephaniebis stephaniebis 56-60, F 16 Answers Nov 11, 2012 in Community

I have always had really good platonic female friends.

Best Answer

I have had male friends that are just friends for many years. There is no point changing this situation. This way they will be my friends forever.... When I needed their help earlier this year they all came over and helped me to sort a problem out. No issues. We are more like brothers and sisters in that respect.

Best Answer

Yes. I agree with that too. I can think of a couple who live together and I respect their "coupledom" and we often hang about together, admittedly in really respectable places.

Best Answer

That woman is losing out on some great friends.

Best Answer

I'm in two bands, I'm a psychotherapist, and I run a community drum circle that has more than 550 members. I meet LOTS of people. I make LOTS of friends. And LOTS of them are women. In fact, 2/3 of my drum circle are women! Add to that number, a few dozen on EP and many hundreds on Facebook. <br />
Men and woman can be friends. Online or offline.

Best Answer

What is a drum circle? Thanks for the answer. Love it. I'd appreciate knowing what a drum circle is though.

Best Answer

Imagine a roomful of people... from ages under 10 to over 90... improvising music on hand drums. For some, it's spiritual; For others, it's social... a great way to meet and have fun with people. Some say it's the most fun they have all week; Others say it's the most relaxing thing they do all week. My circle has professional drummers as well as novices who have never touched a drum before... all playing together. It's pretty cool. :-)

Best Answer

Great! I love the idea. This weekend, I went to a concert where they were playing the harp and a few funky instruments. One of them was called, I think, a rain drum. It sounded like...........rain :o)

Best Answer

Of course it exists. I believe it all depends on what you put into the relationship, and well what are the expectations?<br />
Yes, there can be mutual attraction, physical and emotional. However; once a level of respect, and true care and compassion for one another is present. Now you are friends. If there is no concern, one thinks of only oneself, this is dangerous. At that point be honest with yourself, and state your true intentions. Is it just a physical attraction,( sexual), or some other driving force?

Best Answer

Your friend is 100 F percent right. Accept no BS.

Best Answer

It does, I have a few friends who are women. It's her problem if she can't have friendships with men.

Best Answer

I think it's possible, but the more time you spend talking to or hanging out with the more I think it ups the ante of moving away from a simple friendhip.

Best Answer

Someone said that to me before. I think that love can also be love, without having sex. Consider this one, I am 59, and one of my close friends is 30!!! I have known him for years. I do not wish to have sex with him. Why? Because he's my friend. He's an attractive man, and I'm said to be attractive too. But that doesn't necessarily mean we attract EACH OTHER!!!!

Best Answer

I never said it would necessarily lead to sex. I just ment that it becomes more complicated to keep it simple friendship and distinguish between the type of love you have for them.

Best Answer

I agree with you on that. But friendship IS a form of love.

Best Answer

I agree with that.

Best Answer

Of course it does. I've had males friends (who were only friends) all my life. That woman doesn't know what she's talking about,

Best Answer

My late father was a very wise man. He told me long ago that platonic relationships don't exist above the age of 13. He is right.

Best Answer

He's mistaken, no offense. They exist.

Best Answer