I have and saw the 80s the first time.
ikattarri ikattarri 36-40, F 111 Answers Nov 15, 2012 in Movies & TV

My gosh at the calories we burned as kids getting up to change the channel for our parents over and over again...lol

Best Answer

yes and we used pliers when the button broke. whos got the pliers?

Best Answer

Yes, we had the "tv pliers" too ! ;D

Best Answer

Me too. Lol!

Best Answer

Sure did and even remember having black and white TV and rabbit ears.

Best Answer

yes and i also adjusted the tv antenna with rabbit ears and sometimes even stood in certain positions to lesson the amount of snow.

Best Answer

Yeah I remember that lol

Best Answer

Yes, for all four channels.

Best Answer

Yes, and when I stayed up late, all the channels went off the air. No 24/7 television back then.

Best Answer

I never really understood what that "test pattern" was supposed to be testing...

Best Answer

hey!! i'm 15 and i have and i still do.. siblings losing the remote so much but i use to use the VCR too and only one of my siblings know what that is ... did i mention i have 6 more siblings so 1 out 6 know what VCR is >:( i maybe young but i feel old to sometimes you guys aren't special :P

Best Answer

yep....

Best Answer

Black and white at that baby, with rabbit ears. I'm one old ****.

Best Answer

Yes.<br />
I remember when I got cable, the cable box had a 60 channel dial on it.

Best Answer

the cable box had buttons that made a snapping sound.. still strange.. haha

Best Answer

No, I mean, my cable box had a dial, not buttons.

Best Answer

oh, we had one of those at some point too. I know one was a box with buttons though and faux wood

Best Answer

Yes and now you know I'm old ;)

Best Answer

Yep, & back then we only had three channels !

Best Answer

Yes, to play the Nintendo at my grandparents' house :D

Best Answer

As Awchie ( the way Edith Bunker pronounced it) & Edith used to say ..."THOOOOZE were the DAAAAYYZ " ..LOL

Best Answer

My Husband met her. :) lol

Best Answer

Believe it or not I still do! I don't watch much telly and my set is an old black and white with a dial to change the channel.

Best Answer

I still do because I can't find my remote or because it isn't working :)

Best Answer

yup, black & white tv, rabbit ears

Best Answer

Oh yeah. Both the VHF and UHF dials. Channel 17 was our local ABC affiliate. Btw I watched the first Saturday Night Live too but did not realize it was new at the time because we had just gotten cable installed. LOL. Ah youth......

Best Answer

i have turned a dial ... i have to admit, that i have even used a matchbook to get a clear reception, and a coat hanger to get the reception of the station .... if i told you i have been to homes with Straight Telephone Cords, how old would think i am? :-)

Best Answer

No point, there was only BBC 1.

Best Answer