Asking a classic here. In what capacity should it be legal?
rainnsnow rainnsnow 22-25, F 33 Answers Aug 22, 2012 in Hobbies

While I am not a fan of it, meaning I would never do it, I do believe that it is not my place to tell someone if it is right or wrong. Nor do I believe any religious institute should tell people what to do, It is ignorant to think that we have the right to tell others how to live their lives and what to do with their bodies.

Best Answer

We tell people what they can and can't do with their bodies all the time. People cannot sell their bodies for sex. They cannot ingest marijuana. They cannot consume alcohol till they are 21. Whether people follow the laws is a different story.

Best Answer

Which is very true and a valid point. There will always be someone trying to regulate and control what others do. There is nothing we can do to stop that since it is human nature. I am just stating that i would never have the audacity to try to tell someone how to live their life. People will always do as they wish, and that is their right given to them form birth. The consequences will be different but we must all live our lives they way in which we chose, not one can live our life but us.

Best Answer

I will not even warrant a response to this type of uninformed and clearly uneducated opinion. We could of had a healthy debate about this without the need to insult and become vulgar.

Best Answer

It's a rough world. People should be allowed to choose for themselves. And that is not a selfish decision EITHER WAY under the right circumstances. It's a crazy world. I strongly disagree with people trying to make it illegal because women will kill/ maim themselves trying to get abortions, it's inevitable. I disagree with pro life secondly because it's a strict view point about something very complicated, personal, and serious. I'd even be willing to say the pro life position stems from an emotionally abusive sadomasochistic mentality.There are nice ones out there.. but some of those pro lifers are effed up...

Best Answer

an abortion is better than a poor little kid who nobody wants or is abused.

Best Answer

Abortion - No one else's damn business.

Best Answer

I like this and want this on a bumper sticker.

Best Answer

Even if my mother has second toughts (me too) - it's too late now.

Best Answer

The choice of the woman facing the decision. And no one else's business.

Best Answer

Neither--it's a medical procedure and an individual choice.

Best Answer

Too many damn people as is, imho.

Best Answer

I feel like saying it's right doesn't sound right but yes, abortion is completely okay. It has saved lives in more ways than really killing them.

Best Answer

Wrong - Only considered a plausible option if the mother's life is threatened or something along those lines. Even then, it would have to be a choice for her whether or not she wants to kill the innocent life within her or not. Don't bother responding oh rabid pro-choice individuals, as I won't be responding to you :)

Best Answer

What about rape?

Best Answer

What about it?

Best Answer

If the fetus is a product of rape, would you have the woman carry the child to term if she did not want to?

Best Answer

If there was a 5-8% chance God existed, would you consider that a viable statistic to argue about?

Best Answer

I think Silence here is only looking for similar opinions. I sense this is an individual who will consider anything remotely contrary to be from a "rabid pro-choice individual." I mean, they've already said it's wrong, then in the same breath said that it could still be an option.

Best Answer

Nice logical fallacy. What does the existence of a god have to do with an actual scenario that happens? I don't believe in a god so I can careless about people who waste their breath arguing his existence. However, women are raped.
Women are raped and do become pregnant because of it. Rapes are also under reported.

Best Answer

We are arguing statistics here. Don't call logical fallacy when there is none. From a strictly statistical standpoint, answer my question. Get some new material instead of your legitimately logically fallacious standpoint of using "what if this 5-8% thing happens, would you change your stance?" I will repeat - it is not the innocent life within that did the raping.

Best Answer

Oh look someone making assertions about me because I disagree. "Even then, it would have to be a choice for her whether or not she wants to kill the innocent life within her or not." It would also have to be determined whether or not the child has rights separate from those of them other and whether or not those rights are applicable even within the womb, which I believe they should be. A human life is a human life.

Best Answer

I think its good the way it is ...Within 3 months for whatever reason she chooses .

Best Answer

That's about 12 weeks. Most women do not find out right away they are pregnant. What if the woman waited two months before taking the test because she was irregular or thought it was stress?

Best Answer

then they have a month to decide if they want one or not ...Most know by 3 months, if not then I guess they got to go through with it..I know some state does or used to up to 5 months I think thats a to late..Some premies can live if born at 5 months so I guess what Im saying is, if they can survive if born then its to late..

Best Answer

Most places in the USA is 20 weeks.
The preemies born at 20 weeks have serious health issues including neurological issues. They survive with intensive measures taken.

Best Answer

Morality in total abstraction is always easy, but life is not abstract, people may realize they just can't raise a child when the thing becomes real, for different reasons. Then we need a safe solution.

Best Answer

NONE of my business its up to the lady if she has the mental capacity to make up her own mind

Best Answer

What if she doesn't have the mental capacity? Such as she has a low IQ or is in a coma and the fetus is a product of rape?

Best Answer

Then her legal guardian will have to make the choice

Best Answer

For the sake of argument, are you saying that if she doesn't have the mental capacity to make up her own mind, she should be burdened with a child?

Best Answer

NO I am saying that at all, the person who makes this choice will have to raise the child

Best Answer

Ned is right there.

Best Answer

Yeah I agree its up to the caregivers..

Best Answer

This decision should not be in the hands of others

Best Answer

I don't have a big ob<x>jection to it, but I don't think it should be used as a form of birth control. My wife and I could not have children. If you had given birth to a child instead of aborting an unwanted one, we would have given them a good life. If you don't want to get pregnant, USE BIRTH CONTROL. Should be legal in first 6 months only.

Best Answer

Do you really want someone who may get five abortions instead of popping a pill and putting on a condom trying to have a healthy pregnancy? They'll probably smoke and drink during it.

Best Answer

I understand the pain of infertility, truly, however, the fact that there are already more children up for adoption than people wanting to adopt negates that argument. Everyone seems to want white, healthy newborns with no physical or mental impairments for some reason. Also, women on birth control get pregnant all the time. It's not fair, but that's life.

Best Answer

I mistyped there and I apologize. I have a headache. I meant to say do you really think a woman who is using abortion as a form of birth control (usually I consider it to be 5 or more abortions) to try to have a healthy pregnancy?
Usually when people say abortion as birth control, they mean an unusually high number of abortions.

Best Answer

Personally I would never ever have an abortion, I have misscarried before and see pregnancy & new life as an absolute gift and a blessing.<br />
However, in certain circumstances, ie. rape, abuse etc it should definitely not be frowned apon. these girls have already been though such a horrible ordeal without having to go through 9 months of pregnancy and hardly any time to recover mentally.<br />
I also feel that in some situations heavy drug users (heroin, crack, major alcoholics) should be on some kind of birth control untill they have thier life sorted. no child should be broght in to the world to be subjected to that environment. I know its all 'human rights' you cant impose or force someone to get the injection... but there needs to be something in place where there is some control. I see kids every day getting screamed at and dragged about by drunken/drugged up mothers and it makes me sick! what about the rights of the child? What chance do they stand? :(

Best Answer

I dont understand why politicians and priests try to fill individuals with guilt about their actions. It sounds more like a mass controlling exercise, which ends up controlling individual actions. It should be upto individual to decide if she is capable of handling the consequences of having a child. If think she cant handle it, she should be able carry her decision with being judged. The tiny thing in her womb does nt even have conscience, how can you hurt one if one does nt have conscience?

Best Answer

even though they are killing a life, i guess its still in the mothers stomach so it should be her choice.. i dont think there is a wrong or right answer so i guess it should be left up to the individuals choice..

Best Answer

I couldn't. But, if I were a pregnant rape victim I might strongly disagree with my own statement. If we make abortion illegal, women will not stop getting them, how can a society force a woman to bare a child she does not want to bare WHATEVER the reason? If men bore the babies, abortion would never have been illegal in the first place! I have never had an abortion and since I am 54 years old, I never will, but, how dare me tell any women she has to feel as I feel? What hubris!

Best Answer

Murder is still murder. Under NO circumstances should a life be aborted.

Best Answer

Murder is a legal term. Being alive doesn't make something human.

Best Answer

I believe that at the time of conception a soul enters and it is a living human being with a soul....just my beliefs.

Best Answer

Do you propose violent, abused life to the child instead?

Best Answer

There is something called adoption if the child is not wanted or can't be properly taken care of.

Best Answer

There are already children in the system. They are not always the youngest or without issues, but they are still in the system. Once all those children are adopted, then you can use adoption as an option.
While you may believe the soul enters a body, what about people who have different beliefs? I personally do not believe in souls and I think that personality and meaningful behavior come from the developed brain only. However, the functions like breathing and heartbeat comes from the lower brain.

Best Answer

You have your beliefs and I have mine...to each his own.

Best Answer