like with that amazing piano that you hear sometimes or like harmonica? THANK YOU ALL! ALL YOUR SUGGESTIONS ARE AMAZING, I LOVE BLUES :D
floatingintheocean floatingintheocean 26-30, F 8 Answers Nov 2, 2012 in Hobbies

Robert Johnson<br />
Nina Simone <br />
BB King<br />
Huddie leadbetter <br />
Blind Willie Mctell <br />
Henry Byrd

Best Answer

nina too? had heard about her but didnt know, will try all that, Feeling Good By N.S. is overwhelming so very good.

Best Answer

Sinner man redone by Nina is the best

Best Answer

TRUE! I had never heard anything like that song.

Best Answer

Delta: Robert Johnson, Son House, Mem,phis Slim<br />
Chicago: Muddy Waters, Howlin Wolf, Elmore James<br />
Detroit: John Lee Hooker<br />
Texas: ZZ Top, Johnny Winter, Stevie Ray Vaughan<br />
Memphis: BB King<br />
Those'll get ya pointed in the right direction. =O)

Best Answer

by region? great! thanks

Best Answer

Well, the regions were where the genres were really exemplified. I just gave you some of the true masters or pioneers of these regional genres. :)

Best Answer

I see, thanks , looks like I'll have an all-blues weekend for sure.

Best Answer

If it's piano you're into check out Otis Spann, Memphis slim or Professor Longhair
For the harp: Little Walter, Sonny Terry, James Cotton

Best Answer

Robert Johnson, Howling Wolf, Muddy Waters. That's a good start. The real bluse material, all black men who know what blues is. Or knew.

Best Answer

thanks, what are your top 5 songs?

Best Answer

Howling Wolf Ill be back some day sounds very good.

Best Answer

Hey, there are no such things in blues, really. Baby please don't go is one of the most covered. From the real blues throught to heavy metal. I like pretty much all versions.
My suggestion would be to buy an early Robert Johnson album, all on CD/DVD now. And just listen. Hear the whole album. If you've ever heard that song "The Devil went down to Georgia", it's based on a fable that Robert Johnson was at a crossroads, a real one when the Devil turned up and offered to teach him guitar. He said yes. That's the fable.
Truly, it's not realy that kind of music that you have favouirite songs. Some, yeah but it's really the feel of the music and the emotion that is the blues.

Best Answer

John Lee Hooker, Nick Drake, Lightnin Hopkins, Son House, Nina Simone, Jimmy Reed, Kenny Wayne Shepard, Janis Joplin ( You love her or hate her), Stevie Ray Vaughn, Jimmy Hendrix, Peter Green, T-bone Walker, Blind Willie Johnson, Etta James, Ray Charles, Bonnie Rait, Solomon Burke, and Tina Turner. If you don't believe me check it out. The woman knows pain.

Best Answer

Stevie Ray Vaughn, Joe Bonamassa, Walter Trout, B.B. King ("Live at the Regal")

Best Answer

seriously, walter trout singing is like whoa! no one seems that passionate these days , it's unbelievable! B-B King Live at the Regal seems very good too, Ill check the others. Thanks!

Best Answer

oh wait, I meant Howlin wolf, and the faces he makes when he sings.

Best Answer
Best Answer

very very nice thanks

Best Answer