smiles.. !
Evangeline1985 Evangeline1985 26-30 13 Answers Mar 7, 2013 in Community

That's one of the most insensitive and inaccurate study ever. Can you cite the source?<br />
I hope people don't tell about this study to people who have lost a loved one.

Best Answer

y do u want them to cry ? huh? moveon!

Best Answer

A couple next door lost their 5yr old boy(their only kid) last year. I dont want them to cry or feel devastated. Telling them that 12 minutes after the death of their son, their grief was self inflicted and unnecessary is a total bs.
The five stages of grief takes some time to unfold.

Best Answer

or may be lifetime.. i wud remind them to accept life and death..and live it..

Best Answer

but you wont tell them to stop crying after 12 mins right?

Best Answer

or may be i would hug them before 12 minutes!

Best Answer

So it means I'm masochist and into self-harm

Best Answer

According to that study, I seem to be into self harm. :P

Best Answer

ROFL

Best Answer

I have to agree blow everything up and start again.

Best Answer

Really...Now that is interesting...

Best Answer

Thank you for sharing this! I struggle with anxiety and depression am very aware of moments when things are smooth sailing and moments when my emotions get the best of me. I am looking for more tools on how to cope with my heavy emotions, and knowing that they only last 12 minutes is a relief! My therapist has also said that an emotion, like anxiety, only lasts up to 20 minutes and the only reason it lasts longer is because we add to the emotion with our thoughts and reactions. Its a relief to know that I can do something to help my anxiety and depression instead of worry about it never getting better. Thanks!!

Best Answer

Things like depression, bipolar, anxiety and grief are not self inflicted. This study is so dumb and I really hope this doesn't get spread around, people with things like depression will start blaming themselves and feel even worse.

Best Answer